Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Fleas

My dogs have them. sigh. I've treated them with every home natural remedy there is as well as the house but I can't seem to get rid of them. Is there an actual natural product I can buy at a store? I refuse to bring toxic chemicals into my home and near LO and the stuff in flea treatments are atrocious! Any suggestions? TIA!

Re: Fleas

• Options

If you can get your hands on some black walnut tree leaves that will work. We used them before and worked great. Put them all over your house, under beds in dresser drawers where your dogs sleep etc. 

Though it may be hard to find the leaves where you are, my parents have black walnut trees all over their property so we tried it when our dogs got fleas and it really DID work!!

I Could never fully understand the statement "they grow so fast" untill you came into my life! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on  Pinterest
  • Options
    Unfortunately I don't think natural remedies for fleas work.  Do you really want fleas in your home biting and bringing potential diseases to your pets and/or kids?  I love natural options when there is one, but this is one example where I would choose an appropriate chemical treatment to kill the fleas and keep them from coming back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Food grade diatomaceous earth. We've been using it for the past five years and haven't had any flea issues.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"