Pregnant after 35

How long did you have morning sickness?

I have only had morning sickness for a couple of weeks and it seems to be subsiding (knock-on-wood). 

I just wanted to get an idea of what the average amount of time you guys experienced morning sickness?

Re: How long did you have morning sickness?

• I had more all day sickness than morning sickness.  I think that it lasted until about 15 weeks as a regular occurance.  I do still get that feeling sometimes, usually before a growth spurt.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I only felt sick once or twice, and never really did with baby #1.  My mom said she was never really sick with my sister nor I, either.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was all day nauseous from weeks 6-11.  It let up alot about week 12 and I rarely feel bad now.  How far along are you? 
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I was afternoon sick with DD #1 from week 6 until about week 12.  I never tossed my cookies but I felt like I would and I ended up losing 12 lbs my first trimester. With DD #2 I never felt sick until I got food poisoning at 36 weeks (no fun).  This baby is the same, afternoon sickness but not nearly as bad with DD#1.  I feel like it's starting to let up finally!!

Yay for feeling better by the way!!

JM 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• With DS I was sick from 6 weeks until month 7. But by then, it was basically a part of my daily routine. I took zofran, but it really only bought me enough time to get to the bathroom when the nausea took over. I'm hoping that with this pregnancy things will be a little easier, but only time will tell! I hope you're one of the luckier ones! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was all-day sick from 10 DPO until about 6 or 7 weeks. Then I was "mostly" sick--despite Zofran, ginger chews, and motion-sickness/seabands-- from 7 weeks until 9.5 weeks, but the worst was first thing in the morning and after 7 pm. Now, at 10 weeks, it's subsiding a little, but I'm still sick despite the Zofran and seabands... I'm hoping this ends at 12 weeks.
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• I had nausea for the first 20 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My first pregnancy was 24/7 sickness until 15 weeks. I was ready to die, it was so horrible.  This pregnancy was much better, it was more of evening sickness that started around 5pm every day.  This lasted until 14-15 weeks.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had pretty noticeable M/S starting in Week 8. I only threw up twice while trying to brush my teeth but often felt nauseous, especially after 4 PM.  It started to improve around Week 12 and I finally quit eating saltines before I got out of bed about a week ago (I do still drink a full glass of water before I get up, though). I had a stir-fry with broccoli and mushrooms in it tonight and it was delish. Six weeks ago I would have puked my guts out if I had eaten either one of those foods.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • for both my pregnancies it lasted the majority of the time--and was pretty much all day;  glad you're feeling better!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageShellBear+:
    I was all day nauseous from weeks 6-11.  It let up alot about week 12 and I rarely feel bad now.  How far along are you? 

7 weeks

• imageJilliansMoma:

I was afternoon sick with DD #1 from week 6 until about week 12.  I never tossed my cookies but I felt like I would and I ended up losing 12 lbs my first trimester. With DD #2 I never felt sick until I got food poisoning at 36 weeks (no fun).  This baby is the same, afternoon sickness but not nearly as bad with DD#1.  I feel like it's starting to let up finally!!

JM 

What's DD?  What's DS?

• imageJilliansMoma:

I was afternoon sick with DD #1 from week 6 until about week 12.  I never tossed my cookies but I felt like I would and I ended up losing 12 lbs my first trimester. With DD #2 I never felt sick until I got food poisoning at 36 weeks (no fun).  This baby is the same, afternoon sickness but not nearly as bad with DD#1.  I feel like it's starting to let up finally!!

JM 

What's DD?  What's DS?

• Just called my doctor's office about the nausea and she said I could take Zofran!  They're calling it in to my pharmacy now!  They'll probably have to do an override b/c my insurance doesn't cover it.... but she said they could do a pre-auth.  I'm so excited b/c I know for a fact that it works.  I took it with my last pregnancy from time to time but I never asked if it was ok (bowing head).
  • A lot of people use unisom and B6 which are both over the counter.  They worked for me but you can only take them when you have time to sleep (i.e. you can't take it and go to work in most cases).  You might want to ask your OB about that too if it is less of a hastle than getting a precription filled.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • With DD #1, it was all day sickness up until about 7 months. But it wasn't as severe as this pregnancy. I still have all day sickness and I'm at about 14 weeks, but its been pretty difficult. I haven't been able to eat much, therefore I haven't gained any weight. If anything, I think I may have lost a couple of pounds. I've tried everything. Sea bands, ginger candy, ginger tea, B6, eating crackers, chewing on mint candy, etc. I'm now on my 2nd prescription of anti-nausea medication (the first prescription didn't work). I want to say its subsiding at the very slightest, but I don't want to jinx it. It could be that I'm ending the morning sickness stage or the medication is finally kicking in. Who knows. I just can't wait for all this sickness to be gone so I can enjoy the rest of my pregnancy. Hope you start to feel better.
    Our family is growing!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersa>
  • I am starting my 2nd trimester tomorrow, and I have have constant sickness from 7 wks. I really hope it ends soon

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"