April 2011 Moms

Really craptastic week * warning loss mentioned

Hi Ladies,

I am about to whine a little (or a lot).

On Tuesday of last week I started spotting and went in to my ob.  U/s showed a wiggly baby with a good heartbeat. Friday I was still spotting so I went in again and yet another ultrasound showed a wiggly baby and a good hb. Saturday morning I woke up with horrible lower back pain what I thought was wicked gas.  About 9:30 I stood up and felt a huge gush.  Sparing you the details I miscarried.  It was pretty horrifying and I am pretty sure I will never forget it. any of it. The good in all of this was that I had my 2 best friends here that were able to help with Jack and take me to the hospital.  DH was out of town and met me there.

On Sunday evening my dog snapped at Jack through the baby gate and caught his thumb.  This is the second time we have had a near miss with the dog and the baby. I can't have that. He is also a nervous wreck all of the time when the baby is around and it's kind of sad to watch. But this dog was my baby.  He actually pretty much saved me when I first moved down here and was so sick and had no one.  I had him.  I have been trying to find someone with out kids to take him since our first near miss but have been unsuccessful.  I called our vet who knows the dog well for advice and he felt that it was best to take him to  the SPCA and have him evaluated.  He also said to call a border collie rescue, there are none that can take him. 

I took him to  the SPCA on Monday after a long walk in the woods and a swim in the creek and they said that they were going to take him back to be evaluated and that it would take 15 minutes.  They came back and said that he passed and woudl I sign the paperwork? 

I asked to see him and say goodbye and they said that they already put him up and it was policy to not bring them back out.  Well, they should have effing told me that.  I am beyond devestated.  I know that they think I am an a$$ for surrendering my dog.  I get that, I feel that way as well. But, I don't really know what else I can do.  I seriously can't get anyone to take him.  I didn't want to do it.  But I feel like I had to choose between my baby and my dog. 

So because I was already pretty effed up emotionally I literally sobbed and ugly cried all the way home. I can't sleep at night between "seeing" the miscarriage in my minds eye and imagining my sweet Monte in a SPCA commercial with Sara McClachlan singing in the back ground. It's just so so much. To much.  I feel like it's a good thing that I have a great sitter for Jack because I am pretty much useless to him these days. 

Whew, I am so sorry for the long crazy tale. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Really craptastic week * warning loss mentioned

• Oh wow, I am so so sorry for all of this.  I am glad you have help taking care of Jack so you have time to be able to grieve the loss of your baby as well as your dog.  (((hugs)))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So, so sorry for your loss and so sorry that you had to make that choice about your dog.  That must have been awful.  Hang in there! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds like the worst week ever and I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this.  No one probably has the words to make you feel better about any of this right now, but I hope you can find some comfort soon.
    Big Boy N - 2009
    Little Man Z - 2011
    Baby Girl E - 2013

• Sending hugs and love your way and that you will be able to find comfort in this tough patch in life. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • ((hugs)). That's an awful lot to deal with. I am sorry for your loss.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • So sorry for your horrible horrible week.
  • I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry you had to make that decision about your dog, I'm sure it was very tough but as you said you had to put your child first which is the right thing to do. ((hugs))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
  • I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. Thinking of you during this very difficult time. 
  • I am so, so sorry. :(
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I posted in May, too, but I wanted to post extra hugs here. You are so strong. You will get through this. Hugs!

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • This is a truly horrible week.  I will be thinking about you.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• i'm so sorry for your loss in both cases...you did the right thing with your dog though although so hard. 

take care! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my goodness.  You're right that really is too much.  I am sorry you are having to deal with this.  Hugs.
  • I am so sorry for your loss and for the sadness that you're going through right now.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"