Postpartum Depression
Options

How to deal with the holidays

I had a really hard time with anxiety after my baby was born. She is 6 months now and I am doing better. The panic attacks have stopped and I am starting to feel almost normal. When I was at my worst my bother-in-law was having a party. It would have been 4 hours in the car and then 4 hours back. I really was not up for it as I was still having pretty bad panic attacks. I emailed his girlfriend (they are getting married now) and explained what was going on. I told her everything and that I was so sorry we would miss the party. Its been 5 months and she has never said anything to me. I know she got the email because she called and told my mother-in-law everything, but thats another story. They are now getting married and with the holidays coming up I just dont know how to handle it. I guess it really hurt my feelings that she pretty much ignored me when I needed help, not to mention telling the entire family. I dont have any family of my own so this is a new experience for me but I feel like an outcast at family functions now. Everyone just looks at me like im nuts. I really want my baby to have a close relationship with her family as that something I never was able to really experience. My husband keeps saying he thinks she just did not know how to handle what I told her and it made her uncomfortable. She is a Dr so I really have a hard time believing that. She has a lot of experience dealing with this kind of stuff.  I really hate confrontation. What would you do? Should I try to talk to my sister in law or just try and move on and not bring it up? 

Re: How to deal with the holidays

• Options
    I think try to move on. Show everyone how well you're doing now and they'll get over thinking you're nuts [which of course you aren't, but I can understand why you feel that way]. Give SIL the benefit of the doubt that she didn't know how to respond and put it behind you. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"