Maryland Babies
Options

Prenatal classes??

Hello, i'm 12 weeks pregnant and new to Baltimore city. My OB is affiliated with Mercy so i'm planning to give birth there. Any feedback/ experiences with giving birth there? pros, cons, things to keep in mind etc would be greatly appreciated. 

i'm also starting to look at prenatal classes. Mercy offers some, but i was wondering if anyone has had really good ones somewhere else, preferably in the city. i haven't been able to fine Lamaze classes anywhere... anyone knows of any?

the most comprehensive prenatal class i found has 2 options (2 hrs per week for 4 weeks, or 1 or 2 day condensed weekend class). any suggestions which might be better? i'm leaning towards the condensed class, but i'm also worried about information overload.

Re: Prenatal classes??

• Options
    I don't have specific info for you, but we took an infant care class and a childbirth class through the hospital where I delivered (HCGH). We did the 2hr/week for 5 weeks option and it was a pain really. I would have preferred to get it all done in one day.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

I delivered and took classes in HoCo so I'm not much help but I will say that I took a one day child birth class and it was so much better than sitting in a class for weeks on end. There is a lot of information but I didn't find it overwhelming. Also if I'm remembering correctly a lot of places don't necessarily teach Lamaze only. Breathing and relaxation techniques were part of our class though. 

Have you contacted Soft and Cozy? They are located in the city and while they are primarily a store that sells cloth diapers and other baby gear they often have classes as well.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It depends are you looking to have a natural childbirth?

As far as Mercy goes if I were to have a hospital birth I would pick Mercy hands down :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"