Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

**Updated** Passing huge clots 5 days after D&C...

I just wanted to get some words of wisdom from you ladies...

My D&C was done last Friday (11/2)...  I had very little spotting or discomfort for the first three days.  On Monday,  I started bleeding very freely, but nothing too heavy.  Then, last night, I started having sharp, stabbing pains that brought me to my knees, and then I began passing LARGE clots for about 2 hours.  ((TMI WARNING!!)) -- The clots were very dark, and very thick, and I could feel the discomfort of them passing through my cervix.  I know that some clotting can be expected, but I was passing palm-sized amounts that just didn't seem to stop.

I did call the on-call Dr. last night at 4am, who told me to go to the ER if it didn't stop within an hour because I would need another D&C...  I was so horrified by the thought that I ended up crying myself to sleep around 4:30am.  I woke up at 8am and I am still having some cramps but no where near the ones I had last night, and I am still passing small clots.

I did call my regular OB, the one who did the procedure, and I am currently waiting for her to call me back.  I was hoping some of you could either help ease my worried mind about possibly needing another D&C, or tell me "hey stupid, get over to the hospital NOW!" 

Update:

Thank you all so very much for the responses, and for sharing your own experiences.  My doctor did end up calling me back and told me that as long as it has stopped or slowed down in amount/size, that everything should be fine.  She wants me to keep close tabs on it, though, (as if I had another choice?). So far today has been in eventful - hardly any bleeding and next to no clots, so I am hopefulthat is a good sign.  Hopefully it stays this way.

Again, thank you all so much. 

Married: 6/16/12
CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019

Re: **Updated** Passing huge clots 5 days after D&C...

• Options

First, I'm so very sorry for your loss.  I definitely did not pass any clots after my D&C and didn't have pain as you describe.  I'm sorry I can't ease your worry but hopefully your Dr. will take good care of you.  Please let us know how you're doing/what you find out!!  ((HUGS))

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageKtrue85:

I just wanted to get some words of wisdom from you ladies...

My D&C was done last Friday (11/2)...  I had very little spotting or discomfort for the first three days.  On Monday,  I started bleeding very freely, but nothing too heavy.  Then, last night, I started having sharp, stabbing pains that brought me to my knees, and then I began passing LARGE clots for about 2 hours.  ((TMI WARNING!!)) -- The clots were very dark, and very thick, and I could feel the discomfort of them passing through my cervix.  I know that some clotting can be expected, but I was passing palm-sized amounts that just didn't seem to stop.

I did call the on-call Dr. last night at 4am, who told me to go to the ER if it didn't stop within an hour because I would need another D&C...  I was so horrified by the thought that I ended up crying myself to sleep around 4:30am.  I woke up at 8am and I am still having some cramps but no where near the ones I had last night, and I am still passing small clots.

I did call my regular OB, the one who did the procedure, and I am currently waiting for her to call me back.  I was hoping some of you could either help ease my worried mind about possibly needing another D&C, or tell me "hey stupid, get over to the hospital NOW!" 

It is actually common for that to happen Although they will never tell you that before the prodecure.

At 7 days post D&C I had some pretty horrible cramps for 24 hours then I started to pass some large clots (size of my hand) and automatically called my doctor. They said that it was normal and can happen as your body is trying to rid yourself of anything left over. As long as it doesnt last for more than a few hours. I was put on medication to contract my uterus in hopes that it would stop

In my case 4 weeks later, I had another episode of bleeding and cramping then a LARGE EGG was passed.  

I bleed for 9 weeks straight then got my period 4 weeks after that.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Are you in pain now? Have you heard back from your Dr?? (looks like you posted this a few hours ago...).

My D&C was last Weds and like you, I had little spotting and discomfort for the first few days. Then on Sun, I started cramping up and then I started bleeding and passing clots, but my largest clots were only about an inch. This continued until yesterday and now it is mostly brown. I was told by the dr that if I am filling up a pad within 3 hours, then to call them. I read that many women cramp up and pass clots because there may have been a little bit of pregnancy tissue left and its the body's way of pushing it out. (?).

Keep us updated.

***Just sent you a PM *** sending you a lot of ((hugs)).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am glad that things are getting better. This was my 2nd D&C and it hurt so much more than the first. I'm not passing much but the cramps are full blown contractions.

It's a good thing you called. Sometimes, I've felt that I need to be so strong with the pain. The truth is... we are strong for having to go through our losses... that's as strong as we should be. Enough is enough.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"