Cincinnati Babies
Options

Daycare Alternatives??

Hi All - I am currently pregnant with our first (due 4 months from tomorrow - eek!) are we are currently knee deep in the childcare search.  Both my husband and I were/are a little adverse to the whole thought of daycare since neither of us attended as kids and we would prefer to not send our kids there (just a personal preference, I know there are a lot of positives of daycare as well).

That being said, we are looking at alternatives and I wanted to see if anyone here had good recommendations?  My husband works from home, so we are trying to stay away from having an in-home nanny since it might be loud, etc. for his office, conference calls and so on.  What we would ideally be looking for is an at home nanny maybe with a couple of other kids who would be flexible with hours (if we want to pick her up early, etc.).  I know that sounds really picky, but we are the first of our group of friends to have kids and I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Daycare Alternatives??

• Options

what area of town do you live? I'm actually wanting to be a stay at home mom, but the only way I can afford it is if I watch 1 or 2 kids. It seems like the timing would be perfect! I would be very flexible with hours and never charge when I child is not able to come. I'm very affordable as well, $30 a day. Let me know, I can give you more information about myself if you live in the same area or close by.

Thanks!

-Kelly

• Options
    Check out care dot com.  You can search profiles for caregivers, and narrow down searches for those who offer care from their home.  You can also post a job with your specifications.  They also do background checks and can check references for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi Kelly - I'm the Blue Ash area, is that close to you??
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip!!
  • Options
    imageharperksl:

what area of town do you live? I'm actually wanting to be a stay at home mom, but the only way I can afford it is if I watch 1 or 2 kids. It seems like the timing would be perfect! I would be very flexible with hours and never charge when I child is not able to come. I'm very affordable as well, $30 a day. Let me know, I can give you more information about myself if you live in the same area or close by.

Thanks!

-Kelly

Yes, what part of town are you in? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"