Minnesota Babies
Options

Anna Banana's Day Care? Also peanut allergies and day care?

Hello - we live in the Apple Valley area.  My DD has a peanut allergy, and at 3 1/2 we are deciding to shop for a new day care because the one we're currently in has been making too many mistakes for me to be comfortable with as far as her food allergies.

We are meeting with Annas Banana's day care next week and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about them?  Or, does anyone have any experience with other day cares around the Apple Valley/Burnsville area that are good?

I appreciate any advice or recommendations you can give me - thanks!

Re: Anna Banana's Day Care? Also peanut allergies and day care?

• Options
    No advice, but I understand the food allergy concerns. I'm looking at putting DD into daycare soon, but she has multiple severe food allergies. It's so hard to trust other people with these things, even though you know that they mean to do the best they can. GL!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any experience with daycare centers, but I do know of a very good in-home daycare provider. She is located in Burnsville (far west end right along the Burnsville/Savage border at Williams Drive and Court Place), really does take good care of the kids, and if the child has any allergies I'm sure she will make sure that the child is not exposed to anything they shouldn't be having. She really does a good job teaching the preschool children and always keeps parents informed of how their child was for the day. We took my DS to the in-home daycare for 3 years before I was laid off work this past summer and was due with baby #2. She really is affordable, has her own playground and mini daycare center on the back side of her house. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I live around the same area!

FTM here but I have a family member with a son with multiple food allergies.

He's been going to New Horizon since he was about 18mo and they have been very accommodating.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebrooke&ryan&baby:

I live around the same area!

FTM here but I have a family member with a son with multiple food allergies.

He's been going to New Horizon since he was about 18mo and they have been very accommodating.

Sent you a PM - thanks!

• Options
    I'm just a lurker but your post caught my eye because I worked at Anna's for 5 years. I've had multiple children come through my classroom with allergies and have never had any problems. I think the most important thing is to make sure you have the same teacher in your child's classroom every day of the week. If there is a day of the week the teacher is off make sure it is the same sub each week just to be safe. When I'd subbed in rooms, there were always allergy signs everywhere to remind us to keep a very close eye on them during snack time/lunch time. Hope this helps! Good luck :)
    *spoiled to the bone*
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imageRachT28:
    I don't have any experience with daycare centers, but I do know of a very good inhome daycare provider. She is located in Burnsville far west end right along the Burnsville/Savage border at Williams Drive and Court Place, really does take good care of the kids, and if the child has any allergies I'm sure she will make sure that the child is not exposed to anything they shouldn't be having. She really does a good job teaching the preschool children and always keeps parents informed of how their child was for the day. We took my DS to the inhome daycare for 3 years before I was laid off work this past summer and was due with baby 2. She really is affordable, has her own playground and mini daycare center on the back side of her house.nbsp;

Can you PM me that person's info? I know someone in that area looking to switch daycares. Thanks!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have no experience there but I do know of a great in-home center in Burnsville too. She is located off County Road 5 and McAndrews Road. And she is very affordable. She also does preschool in her home because she was a former teacher. She has a playground in the backyard and her entire basement is dedicated to daycare. She also has an assistant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I live in Savage and DH and I toured the Burnsville location -- we liked it a lot, the price was right.  They hand-make all their foods rather than using a catering company, so they might be better about accomodating allergies. 

WE did not choose them, but that came down to location, not anything else~!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"