Pregnant after 35

Pineapple and mango are my friends

Seriously. A bowl of pineapple and mango eases not only my nausea, but also my constipation. Like a champ!

Just thought I'd share the natural amazingness of that combination of those 2 fruits. Because they make me too happy not to share the wealth!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: Pineapple and mango are my friends

• That is so funny.  As soon as I got pregnant, I developed a massive food aversion to mangos.  Even now, if I look at one I get physically ill.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh my god, I would cry! Although, I may still cry-- my P?pite apparently has an aversion to chocolate. I'm not sure whose kid this is, then, since Wayne and I both are chocoholics! LOL

I'm guessing the pineapple would work, too. I've heard about pineapple before as an aid to constipation...

*********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• Loading the player...
  • I've been hitting dried apricots when I'm really desperate, I actually like the taste and they do help.

Unfortunately I just don't really like fruit all that much though I did have major green grape cravings in the 1st tri it seems to have gone away :( but i've been hitting the hot chocolate at least once a day this past week, maybe I'm having your kid! lol!

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good to know.  I'm eating pineapple this week too :)  I have been eating some prunes lately, not the greatest but I don't hate them.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Pineapple juice is also lovely, but I don't know if it would be as effective in battling constipation. Knock on wood, I have been very lucky in that respect thus far.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • imagedanieleandwayne:

Oh my god, I would cry! Although, I may still cry-- my P?pite apparently has an aversion to chocolate. I'm not sure whose kid this is, then, since Wayne and I both are chocoholics! LOL

I'm guessing the pineapple would work, too. I've heard about pineapple before as an aid to constipation...

This is DH's child without a doubt.  She love cool ranch doritos.  I can't stand them but have cravings.  I have to eat them even though I don't like it.  I pride myself on my cupcakes (made from scratch).  Pre-made baked goods were forbidden in my home.  During the first trimester, little debby snack cakes were one of the only things that I could keep down.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Seriously-- what is up with these kids?!?

I am NOT a huge fruit eater. Or even a huge fish eater-- I like some fish okay, but I have never eaten it every week. And I crave fish at least twice a week now. And I eat fruit all day long. 

I'm not sure I'll know this child when it arrives! LOL

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Pineapples are definitey my friend.  We did a late honeymoon/babymoon this summer in Hawaii and I basically ate pineapple for 2 weeks straight.  It was the only thing that didn't make me sick.  I am still eating 3 spears a night.  I will have to get a mango tonight. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker}
  • imageChecca23:
    Pineapples are definitey my friend.  We did a late honeymoon/babymoon this summer in Hawaii and I basically ate pineapple for 2 weeks straight.  It was the only thing that didn't make me sick.  I am still eating 3 spears a night.  I will have to get a mango tonight. 

This was me too! During my 1st tri, we went to Hawaii for a family vacation and the pineapple there is so sweet! I'm not usually a big pineapple fan but I could not stop eating them over there. Wish I could get my hands on a sweet maui gold pineapple right now!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pineapple has been a huge craving of mine this PG!  I'll have to try the mango too!! Are they expensive to buy in Maine? Just curious!  

JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• I really enjoy pineapple too! I think it must be something with the tartness of it.
  • imageJilliansMoma:

Pineapple has been a huge craving of mine this PG!  I'll have to try the mango too!! Are they expensive to buy in Maine? Just curious!  

JM

Fresh ones can be expensive-- especially since I buy primarily organic produce. But I can get fresh-frozen mango for a couple bucks a bag and a back lasts me 3-4 servings...

-- Abraham Lincoln

• That's great!  I was thinking it had to be fairly expensive getting tropical fruit up there!  I know when I lived in MA for a semester in college, the produce was way different than CA.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"