21 Weeks Pregnant

21 WEEKS!!

I cant help but feeling so nervous during this pregnancy(I just want to relax and enjoy it) I am constantly wanting to go to my obgyn just to hear his heartbeat although I just heard it last week. He is very healthy on the ultra sounds however I have not felt him kick yet and do not know exactly what these" movements" are supposed to feel like. Has anyone else experienced the same feelings?  T.I.A

Re: 21 WEEKS!!

• I feel exactly the same way and would drive myself crazy in between appointments. I have a great resolution that helped me, I purchased an affordable fetal heart doppler on Amazon for $30 and it works perfectly and I can listen to my babies heartbeats anytime I want. This has certainly relaxed me and I'm enjoying me pregnancy more now. Hope this helps.
  • I can absolutely identify! I had my 20 week ultrasound last week and it was so great to see baby doing well! I was to see all the time. I've been very nervous throughout my pregnancy and thought at 20 weeks I'd finally get to relax some. Unfortunately I was told I have a short cervix and now have fears of delivering early and worrying about every twinge and weird feeling. I definitely wish I could relax more!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was the same way girl. You will worry until you start feeling them kicks all the time. They will start out as flutters kinda like gas bubbles and in a few weeks will turn into full blown kicks!!!
  • Be careful with those fetal heart dopplers, they are not reliable and may cause you to freak out when you don't hear the heart beat when everything is fine.  I took mine to the doctor with me and asked her to show me how to use it.  She said they were pretty much trash because you have to be exactly over the baby's heart to hear and the baby has to be pretty big (in your 3rd trimester) for it to work.  By then, you'll feel the baby move. 
  • Lynze01: I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but I disagree. Yes, some fetal dopplers are pretty much crap, but a lot of them aren't. Basically, you get what you pay for. And with a lot of them, you CAN hear the baby's heartbeat WAY before 3rd trimester. Go on YouTube and search for SonolineB fetal doppler. People have heard baby's heartbeat as early as 8 or 9 weeks with that one! I got my SonolineB at 11 weeks and 3 days and have been able to hear baby loud and clear every day since! (I'm now 20 weeks and 3 days!) Mine works BETTER than my OB's doppler! And you don't have to be exactly over the baby's heart to hear it! What you do is, once you hear it slightly, keep the transducer in place and pivot it to different angles from that point. The heartbeat will come in louder when you have it angled toward the baby. (Although, it can be harder to hear if you have an anterior placenta, that is, a placenta between the baby and your abdominal wall. It's easier to hear when the placenta is posterior, or between the baby and your back, that way there's nothing between the baby and your abdominal wall. Your doctor will be able to tell you the location of your placenta in relation to your baby during an ultrasound.) It can be very reassuring to have one. In my case, it is an **absolute** essential to keeping the stress level down for me! I've had 5 miscarriages! Without my doppler, I'd be ready for the loony bin by the time my next OB appointment came up!! (And P.S. to those getting a doppler: If you run out of the gel that comes with it, a good substitute is pure Aloe Vera Gel. You can find it in the sunscreen aisle of your local Wal-Mart, Target or drugstore.)
  •  I just turned 21 weeks today and I have been a little nervous about the baby too. But I was so excited when I saw  him on the ultrasound. He's healthy and right there in his developlment level where he should be.  I was a little disapointed I wasnt able to see any really clear 3d pictures cuz it looked like he turned away from the camera when the tech was trying to take his picture ( sounds more like his father) . But I think if your a first timer like I am  we're all gonna have those feelings of anxiety and anticipation of feeling those first movements, and you will some mothers dont feel it because of the position of the baby and where they're kicking or if they have a larger stomach. I'm a plus size woman so there's a lot of padding but I feel him ever once in a while especially during  some meals and after drinking our favorite things strawberry smoothies.

Just have some patience and you soon feel those 'hello' kicks soon enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"