Pregnant after 35

Freaking out a bit here.....

I'm 19 weeks and just found out I have hypothyroidism. I have to wait two weeks to see a Endocrineologist to be put on meds to regulate my thyroid. I'm not so worried about taking the meds but moreso the fact that I have gone half my pregnancy without taking meds. Really worried about how my baby will be affected. I had Hypothyrodism about 8 years ago..was on meds for a year and have been off meds and fine....until now. I'm upset that my doctors didn't think to test my thyroid levels sooner....just a lil nervous about baby's health. Anyone else here Hypothyroid or know anything else about it?? 

On the brightside we find out gender on Monday!! Super excited for that!! :)  

Re: Freaking out a bit here.....

• Deep breaths! You're going to be fine! 

The medication you take-- it's Synthroid, no? It should cause no problems for the baby, since it's just replacement of a natural hormone that your body is no longer making in the quantities it needs to function well. In fact, it should make your pregnancy better, as you'll be more balanced and have more energy. 

My doc will be testing me throughout my pregnancy because I appear to be pre-hypothyroid and the stress of the pregnancy on my body may hurry the process along so that I'll need medication before I meet my "P?pite" in real life!

Very excited to hear about the gender scan-- do you already have any kids? Any predictions on the gender of the babe?

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• It shouldn't be a big deal as long as you are monitored.  I had hyperthyroidism 20 years ago but have been fine since then.  Both pregnancies, I had to take synthroid as I became hyper and hypo during pregnancy.  I went back to normal after.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedanieleandwayne:

Deep breaths! You're going to be fine! 

The medication you take-- it's Synthroid, no? It should cause no problems for the baby, since it's just replacement of a natural hormone that your body is no longer making in the quantities it needs to function well. In fact, it should make your pregnancy better, as you'll be more balanced and have more energy. 

My doc will be testing me throughout my pregnancy because I appear to be pre-hypothyroid and the stress of the pregnancy on my body may hurry the process along so that I'll need medication before I meet my "P?pite" in real life!

Very excited to hear about the gender scan-- do you already have any kids? Any predictions on the gender of the babe?

What she said :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm hypo just had my meds upped. When my doctor called me, he said they recently changed the regulations for pregnant women that I would have been within the norm last year. How high was your TSH? It may have been close to the old norm, in which case I wouldn't worry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"