VBAC
Options

VBACers, are you taking classes?

My intent was to take a lamaze class or, at the very least, look into any other birthing classes but they are all at least an hour and half away from me which isn't really possible.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Did anyone try a DVD or anything?

With DS I did absolutely nothing, I had the mentality that the epi would take care of the pain for me(ha) but that isn't going to fly for going meds free. 

ETA: I also realize I am super early about this but I am planning my planning ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: VBACers, are you taking classes?

• Options

Hey, congrats! Never too early to start planning, ha ha ha.

I didn't take any classes for DS2, but I know a doula who taught a class specifically for VBAC women. I took a prenatal yoga class with DS1, and it was a great help in labor - helped me stay relaxed with breathing and vocalization. I *think* Netflix streaming may have some prenatal yoga classes on there, if you have a subscription.

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    My hospital has a VBAC specific class that I plan on attending.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had planned to do the hypnobabies study at home.  But life was super busy and I never got around to ordering it.  They sell the whole kit on ebay for ~$150 or so.   Then you don't need to go anywhere.

I ended up doing pretty well using things I've learned in yoga.  I only lost my focus during transition and I'm really not sure any amount of preparation or classes would have helped me at that point.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We just finished up a 6 week Hypnobabies course.  I'm planning to go unmedicated this time (epidural didn't work out well for me last time either Tongue Tied) for a variety of reasons.  I'm really glad we went this route and wish we had done it last time.  As PP said there is a homestudy option.  You can often find it for under $100 used as well.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I havent looked into hypnobabies but I will. I'm thinking yoga in general would also be good for pregnancy health and if it helps relaxation for labor that's a positive too. Thanks, ladies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"