Infertility

When did you get a true BFP after iui/trigger shot?

Hello 

I am new to this site, my name is Stacey, Im 25 been ttc for way too long :-(

So the past few days have been a whirlwind of emotions. I had my iui on october 21st, 10 days after ovulation and 11 days past trigger, I got a positive test on FRER, I was so excited, me and husband were both just in awe... So I called my doc, only for them to tell me that it was probably from my hcg trigger. I was so sad, I tested yesterday (12 dptrigger) and got a lighter positive, and then today at 13dptrigger and got a negative :-( I am so sad, I have bloodwork scheduled for monday (4 days time) as I'm on endometrin, but what are the odds of me getting a positive blood result when my tests are negative at 13pdptrigger, 12dpo..... I am so sad, and am infuriated that my doctor didnt tell me that the hcg shot would stay in my system :-( any advice or experiences would be very welcomed :-D

TTC Since september 2010 2 failed rounds of clomid 1 failed round of femara onto iui #1 october 2012 praying for my BFP

Re: When did you get a true BFP after iui/trigger shot?

• I've never tested out my trigger before but I believe the hcg can stay in your system causing a false positive 12 to 14 days.
    2 year TTC journey with successful IVF in Nov 2012- B/G Twins!
    Baby Boy diagnosed with omphalocele and diaphragmatic hernia
    Born at 32 weeks due to PROM.  Emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord.
    Said Goodbye to our sweet Bennett after 5 short hours.  
    Spent 35 days in the NICU with our little girl.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I tested my trigger out (Ovidrel 2,500Units). It was out my system by 12days post trigger. Afterwards, I just waited to see the "other line" hopefully if all goes well it gets darker & darker. I used cheap hpts to test the trigger and until the lines got darker. Afterwards, I used digital ones to confirm the cheap hpts and continued with the cheap hpts to see the lines get darker & darker. GL! Hope that helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • never.
     TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• My line dissapeared completley today though : I'm 12dpo 11 dpiui, so scared to test again... Will probably wait untill my blood test on Monday,.... It's just so far away :
    TTC Since september 2010 2 failed rounds of clomid 1 failed round of femara onto iui #1 october 2012 praying for my BFP
  • My ute is a freak. My last three triggers have lasted 14-16 days for me, unfortunately.

On the flip side, I got a bfp at 9dpt w/ my first IUI and it was legit.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • imagehootie123:
    never.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDebateThis:
    My ute is a freak. My last three triggers have lasted 1416 days for me, unfortunately.On the flip side, I got a bfp at 9dpt w/ my first IUI and it was legit.

Dang that sucks... But yay for your bfp :D
  • imageMsGMChick:
    imagehootie123:
    never.

By never, do you mean you got BFPs?
  • imagesarabiafiroz:
    I tested my trigger out Ovidrel 2,500Units. It was out my system by 12days post trigger. Afterwards, I just waited to see the "other line" hopefully if all goes well it gets darker amp; darker. I used cheap hpts to test the trigger and until the lines got darker. Afterwards, I used digital ones to confirm the cheap hpts and continued with the cheap hpts to see the lines get darker amp; darker. GL! Hope that helps.

Thank you : yes that helps
  • imageminilady:
    imageMsGMChick:
    imagehootie123:
    never.

Ummm...by "never" I think she means she has never gotten a BFP. Like most of us on this board we have never had a BFP, hence the name of the board "Infertility". Sorry but you are asking this question on the wrong board girlie...

TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • imagetlalli7106:

imageminilady:
    imageMsGMChick:
    imagehootie123:
    never.

Ummm...by "never" I think she means she has never gotten a BFP. Like most of us on this board we have never had a BFP, hence the name of the board "Infertility". Sorry but you are asking this question on the wrong board girlie...

this.  we wouldn't be here still if we got a "true" BFP. 

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Oh I apologize : I did post this in the success after IF once I'd realized. Sorry :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"