Pregnant after 35

Weight Worry

In the past year I gained 50 pounds because I was laid up with knee injuries and subsequent knee surgeries (first the right one.... then the left) and now I'm pregnant.  I am starting out the pregnancy 50 pounds (weighing in at 185 pounds.... when I'm usually around 140 pounds) overweight!  I'm not too worried about it because I started my first pregnancy at 240 pounds and my second pregnancy started out at 140 pounds.... so I have been on both ends of the spectrum.... but it's just frustrating to be at this weight right now (pregnancy or not) because there was really nothing I could do about it.  Now that I can do something about it I will.  I plan to go for a 30 minute walk everyday and really watch what I eat.  I will still gain weight... but I make sure that I do what I can to ensure that I stay as low as I can on the scale.  The other problem is that the morning sickness feels better when I'm eating something.... so I feel like I'm eating more often.  I'm trying to eat fruit... but it feels better to eat protein.... which I guess is ok too.  I'm going to follow a healthy eating plan/menu and walk and I hope that will keep me fit.

Re: Weight Worry

• Your insurance may have a healthy baby plan, most of them do.  You enroll and tell them that you are pregnant and then you get all kinds of extra resources.  They may be able to give you better eating advice or refer you to nutritional counseling.

Good luck!

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I started out about the same as you and while I'm not happy about it I'm just trying to do what I can to limit the gain.  I had the same problem of eating too much due to nausea and that being the only thing that helped.  It has gotten much better for me in the last two weeks though and I have felt much more like exercising and eating well.  I started tracking again what I eat on mfp. 

It sounds like you have a good plan going forward.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  The important thing is that you and baby are healthy and you will be able to focus more on weight loss after the baby.

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I started out pre-pregnancy at 275, I am also worried to gain too much because prior to this about 2 years ago I was almost at the 400 lb mark.  I have been, in my opinion eating a lot and when I went to the doctors I was down 1 pound from where I started.  I walk about 1 mile a day to and from work, but that is really all of the activity that I get because between working and my commute I am gone from 5 30 am to 8 pm.It's a very long day.  Try not to be too hard on yourself.  Eat when you are hungry, drink plenty of fluids, and try to aim for that 30 minutes a day that you want to do, but don't beat yourself up if you're too tired one day to do it.
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • I'm right there with you.  I'm back up to 200 and was just starting a juice diet to be followed by regular exercise when I found I was pregnant.  I'm terrified of gaining a ton of weight.  I'm almost 14 weeks and already up 6 lbs.  These past 7 weeks have been hell with all day sickness, so not being able to eat some days helped, but other days I couldn't stop eating.  Today is a tapeworm starving kind of day and those make me nervous.  To add to it all, I have ZERO motivation.  Where is that coming from??  ZERO.  So all of my day dreaming of working out, swimming, and walking has been out the window.  I'm lucky to get work done as it is. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"