Maryland Babies

Gift ideas needed for a one year old, please.

DD will be a year old on Black Friday (OMG where did the time go?!?) and we've had a few people ask us for gift ideas for her. I have no idea what to tell people. Walking/riding toys? Blocks? Books? Anything that you all would recommend I tell them? Any toys that your LOs can't get enough of? TIA!

Re: Gift ideas needed for a one year old, please.

• Walking/riding/push toes; shape sorter, board puzzles w/ handles (Melissa & Doug make a bunch).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Wow, already??

A got this for her first birthday and she still loves this little people ride on car. 

I say yes to books any day.

We also have this FP laugh and learn kitchen .

• Loading the player...
  • also - if folks want a bigger gift, you could use a small indoor slide, water table for the summer and/or activity table if you don't have one yet. Also a little pool and balls to make a ball pit!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Anything with buttons, anything that makes noise, anything that can open or close, and anything that can be pushed around/ridden.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • I agree with everything everyone has already suggested...puzzles, books and things to ride on were DD1's favorites at that age.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • x2 on the push ride/on toys.  This one is DDs favorite.  Despite our excitement when the batteries died, we actually replaced them because she loves it so much.  DD also got both the laugh and learn puppy and the leapfrog equivalent "violet" for her first birthday and loves them both; in fact, she often gets them going both at once.  Indifferent  Be prepared to help chase the balls, but we also got her the FP Dino Popper, which is apparently fascinating.  Besides books, she also liked some new bath toys that she received. 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:
    also - if folks want a bigger gift, you could use a small indoor slide, water table for the summer and/or activity table if you don't have one yet. Also a little pool and balls to make a ball pit!

i saw an idea on Pinterest to do this in a PNP.

sensory boxes, bottles 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"