Houston Babies

Anyone delivered at the Womens Pavillion

I was just wanting to see if anyone had delivered at the the new Pavillion at TCH or know anyone who has and what their experience was? I'm planning to deliver there and am so excited but am curious to hear others experiences! 

Re: Anyone delivered at the Womens Pavillion

• I haven't yet, but have taken the hospital tour and am extremely impressed, both with the rooms and the hospital's policies. They are EXTREMELY mother-baby friendly and I would love to hear others experiences as well.
  • I had a baby at the Women's Pavilion on 10/31 and it was an amazing experience!! I definitely recommend this hospital! The rooms were so nice and comfortable and the staff was very attentive and helpful. We had our own nurse the whole time we were there so we never had to wait long for things we needed. They were even making sure my husband had every thing he needed. The food was also really good which seems to be a rare find in most hospitals. They give you a menu to choose from and you call and order your food at your convenience. If you haven't done the hospital tour yet, you should. It's a great way to see what the experience will be like. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Had my twins there and had a great experience. All of the nurses were great. I had a csection and my husband got to hold the babies while I got sewed back up. I nursed as soon as I was in recovery. Nurses are all very knowledgeable with breastfeeding and they have great lactation consultants as well. L&D rooms are large, post partum rooms are average in size but are all private and beds are comfy. Definitely take a tour and sign up for some classes so you can get familiar with the building.
  • imageLacie13:
    I had a baby at the Women's Pavilion on 10/31 and it was an amazing experience!! I definitely recommend this hospital! The rooms were so nice and comfortable and the staff was very attentive and helpful. We had our own nurse the whole time we were there so we never had to wait long for things we needed. They were even making sure my husband had every thing he needed. The food was also really good which seems to be a rare find in most hospitals. They give you a menu to choose from and you call and order your food at your convenience. If you haven't done the hospital tour yet, you should. It's a great way to see what the experience will be like. 

I am curious about this hospital..but I am wondering if the bill is higher than the other places. Can I ask what your bill was?? Pre-insurance? 

• I have heard rave reviews about the new women's pavillion at Texas Childrens.  But I also keep hearing people ask the cost compared to other hospitals. Please share any input.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know a few girls who had excellent birth experiences there.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"