2nd Trimester
Options

Just broke up with OB/GYN

2»

Re: Just broke up with OB/GYN

• Options
    I broke up with mine at week 37! Best choice I could have made for my baby and I. I wasn't being listened to, further more I was a patient not a participant in my pregnancy.

Pregnancy can be rough but it can also be fun and beautiful. I went to a more holistic facility and was very happy.
  • Options
    I am so happy you posted this :) I've been downright scared to change drs for fear of hurt feelings. But, this is a business. They have tons of new patients a year. I'm moving because I like the other hosp/drs better. They actually care about natural birth and breast feeding! This is the most important day of our lives (me and the little guy) I think I need to be comfortable with all my decisions. I'm leaving for me :). (You gave me the strength to call and get my records transferred today... Thank you!!!!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ladies, its time you find yourself a fabulous certified nurse midwife. I commend any mama to be to go with their gut and find the best fit! CHEERS!

Disagree!  I had the best, most caring OB ever.  He listened to all my concerns and did not offer any opinions other than true medical advice.   I hate when people make the assumption that midwife equals better.  Midwifes are just nurses and do not even have close to the training OB docs do. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 22 weeks and I just broke up with mine as well.  I was actually glad that all it took was the request to transfer my records and that I didnt have to face the Dr and tell her how bad I felt she was, although I'm still considering sending a letter to the chief Dr of the practice and give him a clue on whats going on.
  • Options
    I tried to leave my dr. Honestly They called me back and didn't want me too. I'm the state of mass you can't do a v-bac vag. Birth after c-section. I really wish I could I know I can't but it really upsets me how she's so against it and I feel she puts me down more that it upsets me. I'm very scared and upset I can't give birth my baby's have a set day and time for me to go into sergery I'm going to have a longer recovery. But what really made me dislike this ob is I have kidney stones extreamly painful I went into the hospital and she blew me off
  • Options
    I had been seeing the same OB for 6+ years when I first got pregnant. I stayed with her practice until 24 weeks when at my appt one of the other OBs laughed in my face when I said I wanted a natural childbirth and then wouldn't tell me their c-section rates. 

I never told the doctor, just went and picked out a new one and filled out a medical records request that the new practice took care of for me. I did get two or three calls from nurses and the office manager at the first practice asking why I left. I didn't feel awkward at ALL about telling them how offended I was by how I was treated. I think they should know why they're being "fired" so they can hopefully learn from the experience and treat the next patient they see better.

Good for you for changing your doctor! I know so many girls who stick it out and don't like how their deliveries go.
  • Options
    LauraKatz13 OB docs are surgeons and "they don't have half the training" midwives have with  supporting normal birth - which is what most women have without the cascade effect of interventions.

Some OB's are fortunate enough to receive training from Certified Nurse Midwives during their  residency programs (YES, you read that right - doctors trained by midwives!) which can have a positive impact on their knowledge base and how they handle things.

Only Certified Nurse Midwives are nurses, not all midwives are, and by your statement "just nurses" it appears you are unfamiliar with their training. They are Masters prepared advance practice nurses with additional training in midwifery and are often nurse practitioners as well, trained to handle complications, with prescriptive privileges.

I invite you to become better informed by looking at this link to the American College of Nurse Midwives - the sister organization if you will, of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists:  https://ourmomentoftruth.midwife.org/WhatIsAMidwife

While using a midwife is not for all women, neither is using an obstetrician for all women either. I have used BOTH. I liked my two OB's, and the care I received from my CNM was superior!
  • Options
    With our first, we had to switch OB's because we moved, but it worked out for the best.  I have a few rounds of switching doctors under my belt so I am a full advocate of doing what's best for you and your family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"