October 2012 Moms
Options

Ethan Tyler's birth story and PIP

Short: Ethan was born via RCS 10/18 at 0834 weighing 7lbs13oz and 20.5inches long.

Long: We went in at 0530 as they told us to because my RCS was scheduled for 0730. The security guard said we couldnt come in because noone was at the desk until 6am. So, we just hung out in the parking lot. Come to find out we were supposed to go through ER which would have been nice to know. They checked me in around 6am when the secretary got there and we waited in the freezing cold waiting room for the nurse.

They were ridiculously busy at the time so it was almost 7 before they brought be into the preop room. I got changed into my gown the nurse started my IV which the first one she hit my nerve and as a nurse that is pretty dang good at IVs I was pretty pissed. So she started a different one instead and started pumping me up with IV fluids.

I met the anesthesiologist that explained the spinal to me and then my OB was came in and was very happy that the anesthesiologist was on-- apparently top of the line according to my OB. Which put me at ease.

After my 2 bags of IV fluids were done I walked into the OR, DH got all gowned up and then they sat me on the table. I started to get al ittle nervous about the spinal and was shivering like crazy. I remember sitting there trying to stay still with noone helping me and still shivering. The anesthesiologist was so awesome at distracting me I didnt even notice until he started laying me down and my legs started to get warm and heavy... ahh I was finally warm! They draped me up and asked if I could feel anything and I couldnt.

I heard "incision" and waited to feel something... nothing. Awesome! It was so calm this time compared to with DD since hers was more emergent. DH came in and sat with me at that point. OB kept peeking his head over the drape "you ok?" it was funny. Then he said "ok you ready dad?" and DH said yep and stood up and said "Awesome" and OB said "start shooting dad!" and DH got some AWESOME pics which we didnt get with DD either! I was SO happy!

They held Ethan over the drape and I said "aw hes so tiny!" which made everyone laugh because hes an average sized baby. I figured he would be alot longer because I could feel him all over my belly! Apparently DD stretched it out for him :)

DH went over to him to help with footprints and cleaning him off. DS barely cried and I even asked when we were holding him as they stitched me up if he was breathing because he was so quiet!

Then they took him away to be checked and me into recovery. About 45 mins later they brought him in to be to BF and hold him. I was so excited because I could actually feel my arms this time and felt more confident holding and BF him.

He is a great baby! :) We were in the hospital 3 days and went to pedi the day after discharge because of his bilirubin 14.3 on discharge down to 12.7 the next day sun and BF a ton work! My milk came in on day 2 which was awesome considering it was 5 days with DD!! And he has been feeding like a champ since.

Now for some pics :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ethan Tyler's birth story and PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"