October 2012 Moms
Options

Does your back feel weird after epidural?

I gave into epidural after contractions made my rear feel like it was ripping in half. I regret it so bad because it didn't help. I always thought that women feel so much better after epidural and that it Even makes it more challenging for many FTM because they wouldn't know when to push.  Maybe I didn't get the right dosage or it didn't take because the 3 hours between epi and delivery I felt everything. I actually had to be knocked out to be stitched after episiotomy. Anyways, first few days after baby the spot in my back was sore to the touch then it got better but now when I bend over I am extremely aware of that spot and it hurts to touch again. Is that normal? Btw I have a tattoo in that spot for 10 years so does that have anything to do with it. I know they removed the epidural.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does your back feel weird after epidural?

• Options
    My back was sore from the epidural for a few days.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Mine didn't hurt at all. I don't think the tattoo has anything to do with it - I have one as well.

TTC #1 since 4/2011. Cycle 1 = BFN. Cycle 2 = BFN. Cycle 3 = BFP 6/28. CP 7/2. Cycle 4 = TTA. Cycle 5 = BFN. Started progesterone. Cycle 6 = Disaster. Cycle 7 = Progesterone. BFN Cycle 8 = BFN. Cycle 9 = BFN. Cycle 10 = BFP 1/1/12. C/P 1/8/12. Cycle 11 = BFP 2/3. Stick! Due 10/15/12. Baby girl arrived via c-section on 10/10/12 after 20 hours of labor. Welcome my love!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am actually on meds for severe back pain because of the epi. I had it with my first delivery and had no issues. this time the anesthesiologist fcked up and tried 3 times before she got it right. I wondered at the time what was going on, but after I delivered, I noticed blood on the bed where I payed down and my husband showed me a picture of my back. I'm not happy. Anyway, another anesthesiologist spoke to me after and said general discomfort, pain or aches was normal for about a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The doula who ran my birth class could still feel her spot three years later! I guess it all depends. 
  • Options
    I could tell I had the epidural with DD but I had a spinal this time and didnt feel anything except a few random sharp pains that quickly went away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The epi was a life saver for me, it really knocked the pain out quick. But, during delivery they did have to give me another injection even though I was on a drip. It was the intense contractions that it helped me with. I was a little tender in the spot for a day or two, but fine by the time I got home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"