Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Daylight Saving Time...adjusting LO

So with DLST coming up on Sunday, I was trying to get LO to go to leep a little later (15 minutes every couple days), so that he would sleep a little later in the morning and then when DLST happens it isn't a huge adjustment...

Well it isn't working very well...instead of staying up later he actually wants to go to bed earlier...now I know there are some moms who are going to rip me a new one for saying this, but I really don't want to have to get up an hour earlier...LO has been sleeping so well for so long we are a little spoiled.

DS usually doesn't get up until about 7:15 or 7:30 and then will lay in bed for another 15-20 minutes before really starting to whine to be fed...If he starts getting up an hour earlier that is going to throw the house for a loop as far as our morning schedule/routine...

any advice from STM who helped LO adjust to the time change successfully?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Daylight Saving Time...adjusting LO

• Options
    I've read that you're supposed to let them get up early the first day and that night put them to bed an hour later even if you have to keep them distracted for that extra hour.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD is really going by when the sun rises and falls. That's the way it should be! I do have to get her up early because she goes to daycare before the sun comes up, but I don't see much of a change at our house. I think she will roll with it. At least I hope so!
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not only are we doing daylight savings time, but we get to battle jet lag.  My daughters, my parents and I are flying through six time zones next Monday.  We are leaving Alberta, Canada and heading for Ireland for the month of November.  I don't know how the three little girls are going to handle the time zone change.
  • Options
    Ugh! I'm dreading this too!  I think I'm just going to put him to bed the same time as always and when he wakes up, he wakes up... I look at it like we are still getting the same amount of sleep, because you are gaining an hour.  But then again, everytime I think about it twice I confuse myself and don't make sense anymore! I guess we just roll with it for a few days and then they will adjust on their own?
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options

imageklasala318:
    Ugh! I'm dreading this too!  I think I'm just going to put him to bed the same time as always and when he wakes up, he wakes up... I look at it like we are still getting the same amount of sleep, because you are gaining an hour.  But then again, everytime I think about it twice I confuse myself and don't make sense anymore! I guess we just roll with it for a few days and then they will adjust on their own?

This.  I have also read that regardless of what time you put them to bed (within reason ) they'll pretty much get up at the same time.  LO's time varies. Sometimes she just won't go down and it's liek 830 til she actually falls asleep and other times she's asleep by 7ish. Either way she still STTN. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"