Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

When do they start dropping bottles?

I have a nearly 10 month old who hardly eats anything!  No purees whatsoever anymore.  He only took them for about a month, now he outright refuses.  We've done BLW since 6 months, and he still barely takes anything in.  

When we saw the pedi at 9 months she said he'd likely not be fully weaned by 12 months (obviously), but gave no indication of when he should at least start dropping a bottle. 

Anniversary

Re: When do they start dropping bottles?

• Options

Around 10 months I dropped a bottle for him. I still gave him the same amount of formula just more at each feeding. It went really well from the get-go for us. We went from 4 to 3 bottles a day.

Now at nearly 1 year we are down to 2 a day and 1 sippy cup of WCM in the afternoon, but he is a very hearty eater, this morning he had a half an Auntie Anne's pretzel at the mall (his Halloween treat), he'll get more regular food later today too.

GL!

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options

Around 8 months DD dropped to 4 bottles and just this week has dropped to 3 (I kind of dropped that one for her, more in the interest of time - I was always trying to squeeze dinner and bottle into an hour between getting home and bedtime). 

She is a piggy though and eats full solid meals (like she ate a slice of pizza (cut up of course), and applesauce, and a pouch for lunch today at her daycare's halloween party). 

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It really does vary from baby to baby and I think it depends on how much your baby is eating. I would guess that you shouldn't expect a dropped bottle until he starts to eat more. My daughter eats a lot of solids and she dropped her first bottle at 7.5 months. She dropped another at 9 months and now we're keeping the same number of bottles but putting in half an ounce less in each at 10 months. We send water so she gets enough fluids, but she eats: 1/2 - a whole egg for breakfast 1, grain cereal for breakfast 2, fruit for morning snack, usually curry (meet & veggies) & rice for lunch, fruit for afternoon snack, and then some of whatever we're having for dinner - usually a meat curry with veggies and grilled eggplant or squash. We add yogurt & cheese to her tray as well. She takes in about 6-8 oz of breastmilk at daycare and nurses 4-6 in the evening/early morning. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Around 8 months I noticed bottles just weren't doing it for dd anymore, so I dropped two bottles and added a solid meal and all of a sudden she was doing much better. She's really taken well to BLW though, she LOVES eating.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"