Cloth Diapering
Options

Another Ammonia post :(

So I have never stripped our diapers (used about 3 months), and we're starting to get some ammonia. It's particularly noticeable in her ON.

This is our routine:

cold wash with extra rinse (no detergent)

hot wash 1tbsp hard rock rockin green with an extra rinse

What should I do? A dawn strip? How do I do it? TIA

image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: Another Ammonia post :(

• Options
    Oh and we have hard water.

image"">

imageimage
  • Options
    The only thing I do differently is during the rinse cycle I have a liquid fabric softener ball with vinegar in it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have very hard water. I used a little more detergent, and dried them in the sun and it did help. I also took the plastic lid off my pail to air it out a bit more.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    I agree with the initial warm rinse, also I recommend RLR over dawn for stripping and it is HE safe.  Just wash the diapers then run them through a wash cycle with RLR and rinse rinse rinse.   I've heard of quite a few people having issues with Rockngreen and hard water.  Goodluck.  Oh, RLR is the name of the product not an abbreviation.  Alot of cloth diaper stores online sell it I also think Ace Hardware carries it.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do you think I should try a different detergent? Or is this just because three months without a strip in hard water is too long?

image"">

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"