Baby Names
Options

NBNR baked spaghetti?

Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for baked spaghetti?  DH's friend had it at dinner one night and now he keeps asking for it.  Is it just as simple as layer and bake or does it need some sort of binder (egg?)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBNR baked spaghetti?

• Options

I've never used a real recipe.  I do ground sausage, spaghetti, a small container of cottage cheese, an egg, sauce, garlic, parmesan and mozzerella cheese.  Sometimes I add onion or mushroom.  Depends on what I have on hand.  I brown the sausage, cook the noodles, and then mix up the cottage cheese, egg, garlic, and some parmesan cheese.  Then I mix it all up with sauce, put it in a baking dish, top with mozzerella cheese, and take at 375 until the cheese is melted and it's hot all the way through, about 25-30 min. 

ETA a little more instruction.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

oh sounds interesting!!

is it like baked ziti but with spaghetti noodles?

BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStarBe:

oh sounds interesting!!

is it like baked ziti but with spaghetti noodles?

I've made it with both.  It really depends on what you like.  I've even made it with macaroni noodles because that's all I had on hand. Haha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

This is MIL's out of a church cookbook.  Big crowd pleaser.  It's great frozen - she often gives it to families for babies or funerals.

1lb ground beef
    1-2 onions, chopped
    3 cloves of garlic, minced
    1 green bell pepper
    2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
    1 can no bean chili
    2 cans tomato paste
    2 tbsp black pepper
    1 tsp sugar
    2 tbsp salt
    5 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
    Tabasco to taste
    spaghetti noodles
    3/4 lb shredded Italian cheese

Brown beef in oil; remove and drain on paper towels.  Brown onions, garlic and peppers in same oil; remove.

Combine all ingredients in large pot; simmer until warm.  While warming, cook noodles as directed on package.

Combine meat sauce and noodles in baking dish.  Top with cheese.  Bake 350? until heated through.

• Options

I mix sauce, ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, fresh basil, S&P, and a little bit of red pepper together in a bowl, and then add cooked noodles (usually thin spaghetti or ziti).  Put in a casserole dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Remove, top with mozzarella and parmesan, then bake for 15 minutes more. 

• Options
    My dad is a chef and this is how he does it. Doing this from my Kindle so formatting may be stupid. Cover bottom of pan with oil and heat Slice nearly a head of garlic (enough to cover 1/3) and cook 30-60 seconds, don't brown Add 3 cans Italian stewed tomatoes and bring to a boil Simmer until oil comes to top (20 min or more? No idea) salt and pepper to taste Add 1lb al dente pasta (linguine or spaghetti rigati) Put in 9x13 pan Sprinkle with mozzarella, thin slices of tomatoes then a little more mozz and parm If you are feeling sassy, you could mix a little parm in when you add pasta Bake at 350 for about 45 min FYI it tastes best the next day
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"