September 2012 Moms
Options

Colic Calm - Worth it?

Colic Calm - Worth it?

DS is pretty gassy and has been especially fussy lately.  I went to buy colic calm today after reading the success stories on here, and realized it was pretty expensive...so my question is..is it worth the cost?

TIA!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

Re: Colic Calm - Worth it?

• Options
    For us, yes. DS would get so gassy he would cry in pain. I could give him Colic Calm once a night or every other night when this happened and it worked almost immediately. Just FYI though it changes the color of their poop to a dark grey or black. That scared the crap out of me when I first saw that. Crap bad pun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I bought the Little Tummys Gas Relief Drops because I too thought Colic Calm was way expensive and wanted to see if the less expensive stuff would work first.  So far, so good!  *knocks on wood*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageManx4:
    I bought the Little Tummys Gas Relief Drops because I too thought Colic Calm was way expensive and wanted to see if the less expensive stuff would work first.  So far, so good!  *knocks on wood*

That's great!  Unfortunately I have mixed results with gas drops...but they don't seem to be working as well as I'd hoped.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    imageManx4:
    I bought the Little Tummys Gas Relief Drops because I too thought Colic Calm was way expensive and wanted to see if the less expensive stuff would work first.nbsp; So far, so good!nbsp; knocks on wood

We tried those first and they did nothing for his gas. OP I do e immense trying these first because they do work for some LOs and are much cheaper obviously.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagetonir319:
    For us, yes. DS would get so gassy he would cry in pain. I could give him Colic Calm once a night or every other night when this happened and it worked almost immediately. Just FYI though it changes the color of their poop to a dark grey or black. That scared the crap out of me when I first saw that. Crap bad pun.

Thanks! 

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I got it yesterday and gave it to her 3 times. She pretty much slept all day, only waking up to eat. Like Toni said, give the cheaper one a try as it just might work for your LO. I was desperate for relief for her so I didn't mind paying the 20.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Absolutely.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageSteph+J:
    Is it different than other gripe water options?
    Yes. Its black and has different ingredients. For H, it did nothing but stain her mouth, clothes, and burp rag. She still cried. I went back to the Mommy's Bliss stuff and it works way better for her.

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Options
    There's a bunch of gripe water recipes online if you want to try DIY. I'm going to try it, but haven't gotten around to it quite yet! It is expensive in the store, but it works!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    YES! It has helped us tremendously. I no longer thing my husband will leave me bc of DS crying due to gas pains. I should have warned my mom about the black specks in the poop when she went to change his diaper. She was very concerned. It has even reduced DS spit up, but when he does spit up a little after taking it the spit up is black.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"