February 2012 Moms

On the subject of naps...

Seriously? Some babies are taking 2, 2 hour naps?!? 

I feel lucky if I can get her to sleep 45 mins 2-3x a day. She has dropped down to 30-40 mins at daycare, morning and early afternoon, and then typically sleeps in the car on the way home from daycare for an addt'l 30-60 minutes.

How long are your babies napping?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: On the subject of naps...

• If Nat sleeps alone, she'll woke up at 45min. If I nap with her, it will be longer. But I was wondering the same thing!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Only 1 long nap most days like 2-3 hours and maybe a quick 30 min nap around 5 if I'm lucky. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It really depends. Knock on wood, but usually the morning one is about an hour to an hour and a half. He also has a short nap in the afternoon as well. It really varies as far as the length goes.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP # 1 - June 2nd, 2011 - EDD Feb 5, 2012 Birthday Feb 10, 2012 BFP # 2 - Jan 19, 2012 - EDD Sept 24, 2013 - CP Jan 24, 2012
  • If Logan even slept for an hour it would be amazing! He usually does 30-40 minutes. Often he still takes 3 naps.

• I'm the same as you.  I wish he would take a nap longer then 45 minutes. 
  • Naps? What the heck are those? I took DD to play group yesterday thinking that might tire her out? Nope, she slept a total of 40 mins ALL day, and still woke up at 3 and 6am!!! I'm lucky if I can get a 45 min nap total a day!
  • Lucia takes 2 naps at around the same time every day give or take depending on how tired she is 10:00 and 2:00. She normally sleeps for about 1 1.5 hrs, though it can be as little as 45 min and as long as 2.5 hrs. We always leave her in bed for at least 1 hr, no matter how long she sleeps.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Typically, Aria takes two 2-hour naps a day. If her morning one is pushed back later than 11am, then she'll take about a 4 hour nap all at once.

She's been a little wonky since Saturday only napping maybe 90 minutes at a time, but she had a tooth pop through on Monday so I'm blaming the crap naps on that. I just talked to my Mom, who said Aria has napped normally again today.

Don't be too jealous though ladies, she doesn't sttn. (although she has only been getting up once since Saturday)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • In the morning it's usually a 1 1/2-2hr nap, mid day is usually an hr, and later afternoon nap is sometimes 3hrs...please don't hate me!!!

• Lucas has gotten into a pretty consistent routine with his first nap. I put him in his crib at 11:45 and he usually naps for about an hour, a bit more on a good day. He was having a second nap of about 45 minutes around 4 pm, but he seems to be phasing this one out.
  • You are not alone. Even after CIO, 2 2-hr naps is unheard of. If I get 2 1.5-hr naps it is a REALLY good day. The usual is 2 45-min to an hour naps. One of them might be an hour or an hour and 15 mins if I get lucky. The third nap died months ago.
  • DS will sometimes sleep for an hour to hour and a half, but usually has to be patted and given a paci somewhere in the middle of that.  More often he's in the 30-45 minute range.  Both of my kids are on the low end of sleep hours, unfortunately for me, but so it goes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMollySm:
    Lucia takes 2 naps at around the same time every day give or take depending on how tired she is 10:00 and 2:00. She normally sleeps for about 1 1.5 hrs, though it can be as little as 45 min and as long as 2.5 hrs. We always leave her in bed for at least 1 hr, no matter how long she sleeps.

This is exactly what we do with L, same schedule and everything. I actually think I took MollySm's advice about leaving him in there at least an hour even if he woke up after 30 minutes and it worked to stretch his naps longer. So thank you =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• When home with us the girls take 2 naps totaling 3-4 hours. They don't nap as well anywhere else. They used to not nap as well for us until H started doing CIO for naps. If they only sleep for 30-45 minutes and wake up we leave them in there for 5-10 minutes to see if they'll pass back out. 99% of the time they do. H is a CIO nazi and is a firm believer in it because of how well it's worked for us. While I can't argue with the results (longer naps, go down MUCH easier) its much harder for me to implement. 

• Allison has just started to get a "schedule" with naps.  She will take a morning nap for about 1.5 - 2 hours, then another in the afternoon, usually the same length.  But she only sleeps 10 hours at night (I say only because she wakes up at or before 5:30 every.single.day) so she needs the long naps.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• imageMollySm:
    Lucia takes 2 naps at around the same time every day give or take depending on how tired she is 10:00 and 2:00. She normally sleeps for about 1 1.5 hrs, though it can be as little as 45 min and as long as 2.5 hrs. We always leave her in bed for at least 1 hr, no matter how long she sleeps.

Exactly this!  

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2 hours in the am and if we are home in the she takes another long one in the late afternoon usually after 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"