Pregnant after IF
Options

XP: A cautious intro, looking for some answers

Hi all,

I have been lurking on TB since July, mostly on TTGP, TTTC, and TTCaL. My info is in my sig (hopefully it works), but long story short is that I've had one m/c before (almost a year ago) and just got a BFP from my second IUI.  However, I am hesitant to believe that all is progressing well.

I tested out my trigger (out by 8 DPO) and continued to test every day.  I finally got a positive at 14 DPO (I had almost lost hope!), which was of course thrilling.  However, this came at the time that Sandy decided to blow through NYC and I have not been able to see my RE for betas.  The office is a block away from the infamous fallen crane in midtown, so they are closed until the police re-open their block.  My OB is downtown where there is no power.  

With no hope of seeing doubling betas for the time being, I have been stuck POAS-ing to try and ease my mind.  Today, I am 17 DPO and I am concerned that the line on my wondfo is still very light, maybe even lighter than yesterday.  I made sure to use FMU each time.  Does anyone have any stories, good or bad, about faint lines this many DPO?  I have a bad feeling that it is not good, but this whole not knowing for sure thing is killing me.  

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can offer.  Sorry this is so long!  I hope to be joining you for good soon, either from this pregnancy or one from an upcoming cycle.

Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
L: 7/12/13
C: 5/11/15
E: 3/7/17
Due 11/10/18

Re: XP: A cautious intro, looking for some answers

• Options

I think you can only tell so much from the darkness of the test.  I've been testing since Friday-at first they were getting darker, which I expected-since the first line was VERY faint.  Since Monday though, they haven't got much darker.

Try to hang in there until you're able to get beta's.

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thank you so much for your response.  It makes a lot of sense.  While it is nice to be off of work for these few days due to the hurricane, it gives me so much time to think (i.e. worry) about all of these things!
    Due 11/10/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats & welcome! I have heard that the pregnancy tests can only test up to a point in the hormones. If your horomes go above the high point the tests will no longer work. For example: If I were to take a test right now a pregnancy test would come back negative. Clearly I am very pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I used Wondfos all the way up to 5 weeks and the second line never got darker than the control line.  And some days it was lighter than others.  My darkest lines were actually in the afternoon. Anyway I would just keep thinking positive and hopefully you will get your beta soon.  Congrats!
  • Options
    in my mind, a line is a line is a line! but what do i know right? i would say you sound pregnant, i know it stinks waiting for beta, but best wishes to you and i hope you're hear to stay!!!
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • Options
    Thank you all again for your kind responses and warm welcome.  You have really eased my mind!  I look forward to getting to know you all better.  Congratulations and best wishes to you all, as well!
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options

imageangela2004:
    Congrats & welcome! I have heard that the pregnancy tests can only test up to a point in the hormones. If your horomes go above the high point the tests will no longer work.For example: If I were to take a test right now a pregnancy test would come back negative. Clearly I am very pregnant.

This!! Congratulations!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
This discussion has been closed.