Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Cautious intro and looking for some hope

Hi all,

I have been lurking on TB since July, mostly on TTGP, TTTC, and TTCaL. My info is in my sig (hopefully it works), but long story short is that I've had one m/c before (almost a year ago) and just got a BFP from my second IUI.  However, I am hesitant to believe that all is progressing well.

I tested out my trigger (out by 8 DPO) and continued to test every day.  I finally got a positive at 14 DPO (I had almost lost hope!), which was of course thrilling.  However, this came at the time that Sandy decided to blow through NYC and I have not been able to see my RE for betas.  The office is a block away from the infamous fallen crane in midtown, so they are closed until the police re-open their block.  My OB is downtown where there is no power.  

With no hope of seeing doubling betas for the time being, I have been stuck POAS-ing to try and ease my mind.  Today, I am 17 DPO and I am concerned that the line on my wondfo is still very light, maybe even lighter than yesterday.  I made sure to use FMU each time.  Does anyone have any stories, good or bad, about faint lines this many DPO?  I have a bad feeling that it is not good, but this whole not knowing for sure thing is killing me.  

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can offer.  Sorry this is so long!  I hope to be joining you for good soon, either from this pregnancy or one from an upcoming cycle.

Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
L: 7/12/13
C: 5/11/15
E: 3/7/17
Due 11/10/18

Re: Cautious intro and looking for some hope

• Options

The amount of dye on the test will not determine how pregnant you are. Each pregnancy test has diffrent amounts of dye, some show light, some show dark.

Breathe ( I know hard to do) and just relax and say today I am pregnant and love my baby.

• Options

The lines on my Wondfos never got all that dark, and my first beta draw was 594. I just don't think you can put too much stock in line darkness, so try to relax as best as you can. I hope you're able to get in really soon for some reassurance, but until then, just try to relax as best as you can.

Congratulations, and good luck!

photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you so much for your responses.  While it has certainly been nice having these past few days off of work due to the hurricane, it has given me so much time to think (i.e. worry!) about everything. 

Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    Thank you all for the nice welcome and warm wishes.  You have helped me feel much better, and for that I am very grateful!  Congratulations to all of you, as well, and I look forward to getting to know you better.
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    I don't have experience with that but I just wanted to say congratulations and welcome!! I hope this is your rainbow baby. Stay safe with all the Sandy issues! 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any advice, but I want to tell you congratulations!! Welcome to the board ((hugs))
    TTC:Off BCP December 2011. BFP #1 January 16, 2012; EDD September 12, 2012; m/c Feb,1 2012. BFP #2 June 6, 2012; EDD February 11, 2013; diagnosed with blighted ovum/had D&C July 12,2012. BFP #3 October 20, 2012; EDD June 29, 2013. BabyFruit Ticker Sunshine_zps3fcf529f
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"