Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Which play kitchen?

We are torn between this kitchen (kidkraft) and this Ikea play kitchen.  Which one do you have (or are you planning to buy)?  Why do you like it? 
Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Which play kitchen?

• We just got a different KidKraft one (uptown espresso) and its been a big hit. I like that they're more realistic/have more features than the Ikea one but, of course, they also cost more money.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • i plan to get my daughter this one: https://www.littletikes.com/kids-toys/deluxe-wooden-kitchen-laundry-center

i know she will especially love the dryer part

but i think kids will really love any kitchen! 

• Loading the player...
  • imageEstwd2:
    By company reputation alone, I'd go with KidKraft (sturdy, reliable) over Ikea (looks great, falls apart quickly). Plus the Ikea one just looks kind of boring.

The Ikea one is actually very sturdy.  It is real wood.  I checked it out when we were there.  I haven't seen the kidkraft one in person.  Ikea's kids furniture actually seems very sturdy.  I've seen my fair share of crap furniture.  So, I'm pretty good at detecting it. You can also get the ikea one with a hutch.  It looks pretty realistic in person.  

I'm still leaning toward the kidkraft one because it seems like it might grow with him better (has more stuff).  But, the Ikea one is also good. 

• imagedaniella2727:

i plan to get my daughter this one: https://www.littletikes.com/kids-toys/deluxe-wooden-kitchen-laundry-center

i know she will especially love the dryer part

but i think kids will really love any kitchen! 

Hmmm...this one is cool.  I like the washer/dryer thing.  I can totally see him liking that.  I also like that it is gender neutral.  Lots of domestic stuff isn't.

• I have the red version of the kidcraft!

It's awesome. Very sturdy and decent quality for the money. It also has so many doors to open it's great storage and keeps LO busy for hours.

It's also cute, which is a plus and not as plasticy looking as some.

I'd say it's definitely worth the money.

• Between the two you posted, I'd go with the Kidcraft simply because it has more room to put away the accessories, but toy organization is a big deal to me. And the Kidcraft is just cuter :P
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS is getting the espresso kidcraft kitchen for Christmas.  We're excited about it...it looks cute and gender neutral.  A friend of mine also told me that it was a nice sturdy kitchen that grew with the kids, so that's a plus for me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went with this KidKraft (can't make it clicky), but it's for Christmas sonI can't really review it yet. I think that both of the ones you posted seem like great options. https://www.amazon.com/Kidkraft-Deluxe-Lets-Cook-Kitchen/dp/B001EO1T74
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Ikea one and love it.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd go with the kidkraft one but buy it off Craigslist! Assembly is a pain :) I love the little tikes one that was referenced but we already have a pottery barn one which is similar to the kid Kraft. 
  • We are getting him the IKEA one for Christmas. I like it better because it's pretty basic, a good size for our apartment, sturdy, and a good price.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have debated between those exact same kitchens and prefer the KidKraft because it irrationally annoys me that the IKEA kitchen has no refrigerator. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"