Pregnant after 35

SHEESH!

I made the mistake of posting some questions I had over in "1st Trimester" and they were SO mean to me!  I will just stay over here with you guys from now on :)  I guess with maturity comes tact and compassion no?

Just had an ultrasound yesterday and saw a little heartbeat "flicker" :)  Yay! 

The tech put me at 6.4 week :) 

Re: SHEESH!

• Congrats on the u/s and good news! And a H&H pregnancy ahead of you.

Sorry about the hard time  the Ist Tri board gave you.

It does seem to be the overall consensus around the PG>35 board that we prefer to keep things down to earth, drama free and above all, supportive of each other! If you still have questions, feel free to ask. (there is probably also more experienced moms around here anyway...? Smile)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsGibb:

I made the mistake of posting some questions I had over in "1st Trimester" and they were SO mean to me!  I will just stay over here with you guys from now on :)  I guess with maturity comes tact and compassion no?

Just had an ultrasound yesterday and saw a little heartbeat "flicker" :)  Yay! 

The tech put me at 6.4 week :) 

Let me just say, I'm not responding to you to be mean. I just want to make sure you know that the correct explanation for the question you asked was given several times in different ways in the hope that you would understand. The best/clearest response I saw was the woman who said that the ultrasound machine automatically adds in the extra two weeks when it gives you the baby's age. Maybe you skimmed over that one too quickly or just didn't see it. I had the same question in the first couple of weeks, but it is easy to understand if you can wrap your head around it. Does that help? Again, I'm not trying to be mean, I just think you were trying to get someone to validate your confusion instead of trying to get a real, informative answer to your question. Good Luck! 

griffin
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually.... you're right..... I didn't read that one because I was so tired of reading mean stuff that I just passed right over about half of them. 

You're right.... that really does help.  It makes more sense to me now that you say that the machine adds the 2 weeks also.  That was the final conclusion I had come to on my own as well.  So thank you (Cynthia) and thank you for being kind.  I thought that the tech was ONLY going on the measurement of the sac etc.  Which is why it was confusing.

Blessings!

• Thank you Animeg2+1 :) 

Sounds like I will fit right in around here :)

• Sorry Pregnant after 35ers, which I am one now (Woot!), I have to jump in on this thread for just a minute so I can make sure that the OP sees my response to her second thread on the same subject on the 1st trimester board. I usually just let drama lie, but it bothered me to see her bad-mouth those of us who tried to help her here.

EDT: I edited my post because I don't want to come across as a bad guy here. (If you want to read my response, it's on the 1st trimester board.) I shouldn't have let someone get under my skin like that ... Especially someone so many people tried to help out, and then turned against them because she couldn't grasp what they were saying. For that I truly apologize, and won't be chiming in where Mrs. Gibbs is concerned again. I wish you all the best.

photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • Really? You had to follow me over here to make your point? Just when this thread was going so nicely! It's not WHAT people were saying.... it's HOW they were saying it. You can say things to a person without being insulting or mean (like Cynthia was so nice in this thread). Your statement "no one was mean to you" speaks to your opinion.... which is valid.... but it's your opinion. I was speaking to my perception... and mine alone. You can't tell me how to feel. If you personally were not being mean.... then don't take it personally! If it doesn't apply.... let it fly! I am also highly educated and I took great offense to people calling me dumb. I have worked very hard in grad school to be a special ed teacher and don't take comments like that lightly. If you read my final post.... you will see why I was confused.... but as you see in this thread.... there were a couple of things that I didn't understand that I do now... and isn't that the point of these boards? So people can ask questions and get answers (nicely and kindly)? Can we just please drop this now? Please? At the end of the day.... I wish you the best and I want what is best for you and I assume you feel the same way for me correct? Isn't that really what is important when all is said and done? Moving forward..... lets keep it 100% positive and let this topic GO!
  • Psst. We can see when you post on other boards, too, y'know. 

Sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for. It was just a bit baffling that, you know, you've been pregnant 6 times but still don't understand that pregnancy is dated (generally) from your last LMP, giving you two "free" weeks...

It's kinda scary that you already have two children but don't get this. 

• To the OP...welcome and good luck! 

This board is pretty much drama free.  I hope that it stays that way! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekat1221:

To the OP...welcome and good luck! 

This board is pretty much drama free.  I hope that it stays that way! 

That's what I would like.  Nothing but positivity.... but it seems the other stuff is following me over here.  Sad.

• imageMrsGibb:
    Really? You had to follow me over here to make your point? Just when this thread was going so nicely! It's not WHAT people were saying.... it's HOW they were saying it. You can say things to a person without being insulting or mean (like Cynthia was so nice in this thread). Your statement "no one was mean to you" speaks to your opinion.... which is valid.... but it's your opinion. I was speaking to my perception... and mine alone. You can't tell me how to feel. If you personally were not being mean.... then don't take it personally! If it doesn't apply.... let it fly! I am also highly educated and I took great offense to people calling me dumb. I have worked very hard in grad school to be a special ed teacher and don't take comments like that lightly. If you read my final post.... you will see why I was confused.... but as you see in this thread.... there were a couple of things that I didn't understand that I do now... and isn't that the point of these boards? So people can ask questions and get answers (nicely and kindly)? Can we just please drop this now? Please? At the end of the day.... I wish you the best and I want what is best for you and I assume you feel the same way for me correct? Isn't that really what is important when all is said and done? Moving forward..... lets keep it 100% positive and let this topic GO!

People did answer you kindly the first time. Some people got agitated that you asked the same question literally a few days after you posted it the first time. That is why you got some snarky answers. Interesting that you want to let it go now that you pretty much called that whole board big meanie heads.  

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Wow -

I'm sorry we live in a world where people follow you from board to board in order to CONTINUE TO CONDEMN you and berate you in order to satisfy their immature and self indulgent need to be right. It's disappointing, but best to regard those souls with pity and hope that one day they'll find enough love of themselves so as to cease bullying others.

Good luck in building more mature friendships over here.  :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagesknygrydg07:
    Wow -

I'm sorry we live in a world where people follow you from board to board in order to CONTINUE TO CONDEMN you and berate you in order to satisfy their immature and self indulgent need to be right. It's disappointing, but best to regard those souls with pity and hope that one day they'll find enough love of themselves so as to cease bullying others.

OMG!  You're my new best friend!  I couldn't have said it any better. 

Thank you so much for having my back doll!

• imagesknygrydg07:
    Wow -

Definitely, this!  I have only lurked here and planned on jumping in soon but ...oh boy!  And the one person who had scolded you for not knowing after so many pregnancies.  I actually didn't know this but then, I don't micromanage my pregnancy.  I suppose that automatically puts me in the awful section.  I should probably tell my straight A and polite children to pack it in and forget about Julliard and MIT.  Despite how far along you are, babies come when they feel like it.  I'm figuring this just came to you as a curiosity.  The great thing about pregnancy, not every one is the same and you can always learn something new. Sorry about your thread thing, it happens unfortunately.  One thing I have learned over the years in forums, people are more likely to sting you than help you but if you look carefully you do find someone or someones with a bit of kindness.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • What a sweetie pie you are and what a nice post :)

Thank you so much!

imageMamaKitty3:
    imagesknygrydg07:
    Wow -

Definitely, this!  I have only lurked here and planned on jumping in soon but ...oh boy!  And the one person who had scolded you for not knowing after so many pregnancies.  I actually didn't know this but then, I don't micromanage my pregnancy.  I suppose that automatically puts me in the awful section.  I should probably tell my straight A and polite children to pack it in and forget about Julliard and MIT.  Despite how far along you are, babies come when they feel like it.  I'm figuring this just came to you as a curiosity.  The great thing about pregnancy, not every one is the same and you can always learn something new. Sorry about your thread thing, it happens unfortunately.  One thing I have learned over the years in forums, people are more likely to sting you than help you but if you look carefully you do find someone or someones with a bit of kindness.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"