Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

The First Years True Fit Convertible Carseat

Does anyone have this seat and use it rear facing?  I bought it because it has such a great review in Baby Bargains.  I installed it in my car rear facing and I find it almost impossible to reach the lever to adjust the harness.  I called the company and they really had no good solution for this.  Does anyone else have any advice?  I like to tighten and loosen the harness each time I put my daughter in and out.  Do other people not do this?  Any recommendations for convertible seats that are easier to adjust in the rear facing position?
imageAnniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: The First Years True Fit Convertible Carseat

• Options
    We have it for our 3yo and I will agree that its tough to adjust the harness but we just got used to it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

mine's the same and it's a pain in the azz.

photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

With the Britax Roundabout I can adjust the straps pretty easily.  I do this pretty regularly depending on what my daughter is wearing that day.

• Options
    We have it and I hate the seat for this very reason.  We have a towel stuffed underneath the seat to angle it back a bit more and make the lever easier to access.  But it is still a pain and I think it's ridiculous that their solution to the problem is to stuff a towel underneath the seat!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have it, but I don't have that issue. I really love it. I think you can make the lever a bit easier to reach by adjusting the angle of the install slightly.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I don't have to tighten or loosen it much, but it is a bit hard when I do. I don't mind much though, I love this car seat.

Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options

I hate this car seat too.. Took it back to Walmart shortly after I bought it,. It took up too much room, and I had to roll up so many towels to put under it to make it level, that I just didn't feel safe about it. LO just looked awkward in it, just didn't fit right.
    Went with the Britax Pavillion instead

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"