Toddlers: 24 Months+

Bruised Testicles?!

Hey ladies. I'm not very active on this board, but I often lurk lol. But today, I really need your advice, please! Sorry if tmi in advance! My oldest son turned 2 in May. He woke up this morning and when I went to change his diaper, he started screaming when I wiped his testicle area and saying 'it hurts mom!' His ball was kind of pushed up toward his penis, and looked swollen. When I moved it back in place, it appeared normal again but its slightly redish purple colored, not the normal. It looks bruised, but it was not like that last night when he went to bed. I have no idea what he could have done. His diaper isn't tight to cause pinching or anything. I'm currently staying with my grandparents for a few days while dh is away and I am a long way from our pedi. I'm trying to decide if I should take him to a Dr here. He acts fine unless you start to touch it, then he goes ballistic. He walks fine, has peed fine, etc. Any ideas or should I just go ahead and take him to a Dr? Or wait it out? Dh is freaking bc he says it has to be painful and he feels sorry for him! I just don't know if its something I should worry about. I don't have these parts, obviously, and trust dh's judgement with this stuff, but I honestly don't know what a Dr can do for it.... thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bruised Testicles?!

• I would make a doctor's visit, just to be sure.  Especially if he's complaining that it hurts. 

• If you didn't take him to pedi, please do like ASAP (in fact, I'd call pedi & find out if you should just take him straight to ER). I'm not trying to make you panic but testicular torsion is a medical emergency so you should rule it out just in case.GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegroovygrl:
    If you didn't take him to pedi, please do like ASAP (in fact, I'd call pedi & find out if you should just take him straight to ER). I'm not trying to make you panic but testicular torsion is a medical emergency so you should rule it out just in case.GL!

This! 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OP....let us know what happened!!!
  • Thanks so much, everyone! I ended up taking him to the ER bc I couldn't get a call back from my pedi and I had never even gave a thought to the torsion. So, after an ultrasound and a urinalysis, the Dr said the blood flow was fine according to ultrasound and no infections were indicated, urine was fine, but he had no idea why he was in so much pain. By this time, the bluish tint was gone and there was no swelling. He said that it may have actually been twisted just a bit and me moving it back down when I found it had undone it, but that's only a guess. He really didn't know. He said to just watch it and make sure it didn't do it again, but for now, he seemed perfectly fine, except a little painful, and tylenol manages that. But truthfully, he's been playing and happy and we went trick or treating tonight, and he doesn't even mention it unless I accidentally touch it during diaper changes. So no real answers, but thank you girls for the heads up! I'm so thankful it Wasnt something horrible and that my little man is ok! Thanks again ladies!
  • I'm glad he's ok- I was wondering how things turned out for you.  That had to be pretty scary!
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Phew so glad!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"