Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

What time of day are you giving solids to lo?

Hi Ladies, 

Can you share your feeding schedule? When are you giving LO solids throughtout the day? Are you doing morning and evening? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What time of day are you giving solids to lo?

• Options
    We are going slow with solids due to some reactions she has had. So right now she gets it once a day around 9am (about 1.5 - 2 hrs after her bottle). She is in daycare so they give it to her. I try new things on the weekends so I can look out for reactions.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

We do one serving at lunch time around 11 or 12 and one serving around dinner time around 7. Both times are about 30 min - 1 hour after his bottle.  He eats a fruit and veggie each day and the serving size is 2 ice cubes worth.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    From what I've read the first solid should be introduced in late morning/early afternoon, and given this way for about 2 weeks. Then you can introduce a new solid in the late afternoon/early evening.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're only doing once a day right now and I give it to him in the evening while we are eating dinner just because it keeps him happy so the rest of us can eat without him crying. I'll introduce a 2nd feeding around 5 months and I'll probably do it in the morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelpope9608:
    We're only doing once a day right now and I give it to him in the evening while we are eating dinner just because it keeps him happy so the rest of us can eat without him crying.

Same. We're doing baby led weaning and daycare won't give anything but purees until they are 8months old. So solids only at home for the next 2 months. 

• Options
    Our pedi told us to give it to him at his second feeding and after the feeding to give some bm.  Once he gets used to eating from a spoon (with a week or so), to also give him the food at his 4th feeding of the day and then after the feeding to give him some bm.  Once he is at 4 tablespoons of cereal, we should stop giving him the bm after the feeding.  This is with the caveat that he is 6 months old.  I think the amount of bm vs. solids needed changes once the LO is 6 months old (more solids, less milk after 6 months).
  • Options
    We do the evening because it's a part of his bedtime routine. I nurse, then we do solids, give a bath, put him in pj's, nurse again, read a story and then put DS to bed.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oatmeal around 930-10 a.m. -  a veggie around 1-2 p.m. and one more veggie around 5-6 p.m. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"