December 2010 Moms

Big boy rooms

When we move (tomorrow!) into the house we just bought, we are going to change J's nursery into a big boy room (crib is converting to toddler bed) 

So for those of you who have switched to big boy rooms/toddler beds, where did you find the bedding? Right now his theme is music but we are changing it to airplanes because he's obsessed! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.

Re: Big boy rooms

• Is the mattress the same so crib-sized?  I just ask because Ikea toddler beds have a different sized toddler mattress so I'll need to buy new sheets too when that happens. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And yay on your house!!!! Congrats, you must be so excited!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelrn327:
    And yay on your house!!!! Congrats, you must be so excited!

We are so thrilled!

And his crib is convertible, so it will be the same mattress. His walls will be Sweet Baby Boy Blue on 3 walls and then a deep blue on the accent wall.  A friend of mine is painting a mural on that wall with a deep red airplane in the clouds.  I am so excited about it! Almost more than the house itself lol 

• Oh and let me add, almost everything I have found has been cartoonish.  This is going to be a permanent thing for many years some want it to be something he will still love when he's a big kid and not just a toddler.  I'm sure once he turns into an adolescent, he'll want to paint and do whatever the fad is then lol

I have found one that is vintage and it's really cool but I don't want to settle on the first thing I find that's not for a baby 

• imagejarebearsmom:

imagelrn327:
    And yay on your house!!!! Congrats, you must be so excited!

We are so thrilled!

And his crib is convertible, so it will be the same mattress. His walls will be Sweet Baby Boy Blue on 3 walls and then a deep blue on the accent wall.  A friend of mine is painting a mural on that wall with a deep red airplane in the clouds.  I am so excited about it! Almost more than the house itself lol 

It sounds so cute!!  Well, Land of Nod has a drool-worthy airplane bedding set in both crib and twin sizes.  It's seriously awesome though of course not cheap by a long shot.  I can say however that C's bedding is from here (Mom gift, yay!) and the quality is great.  You might check out etsy though.  There are loads of quilts, etc. on there and I bet you could find someone to do something really cute!

• imagejarebearsmom:

Oh and let me add, almost everything I have found has been cartoonish.  This is going to be a permanent thing for many years some want it to be something he will still love when he's a big kid and not just a toddler.  I'm sure once he turns into an adolescent, he'll want to paint and do whatever the fad is then lol

I have found one that is vintage and it's really cool but I don't want to settle on the first thing I find that's not for a baby 

In that case, check our the Land of Nod one and let grandparents know what a nice birthday gift it would make!  Wink

• imagelrn327:
    imagejarebearsmom:

Oh and let me add, almost everything I have found has been cartoonish.  This is going to be a permanent thing for many years some want it to be something he will still love when he's a big kid and not just a toddler.  I'm sure once he turns into an adolescent, he'll want to paint and do whatever the fad is then lol

In that case, check our the Land of Nod one and let grandparents know what a nice birthday gift it would make!  Wink

That is cute! The one I found is  Sweet Jono Designs Vintage Aviator Set.  I'll have to check out etsy and see what they have

• imagejarebearsmom:
    imagelrn327:
    imagejarebearsmom:

That is cute! The one I found is  Sweet Jono Designs Vintage Aviator Set.  I'll have to check out etsy and see what they have

Oh, that is really cute!  I like the colors b/c they do look grown up and not baby-ish.  That would be a nice choice if you go with it. Big Smile

• imagelrn327:
    imagejarebearsmom:
    imagelrn327:
    imagejarebearsmom:

Oh, that is really cute!  I like the colors b/c they do look grown up and not baby-ish.  That would be a nice choice if you go with it. Big Smile

And it matches the paint perfectly.  Like a dork, I bought paint before I had the bedding picked out.  I had a picture of it in my head and just assumed I could find decor to match lol 

• lol We did the same thing with the paint, luckily it worked out in the end. I am on my phone, so I'm mostly just here to say OMG, congrats on the house!!! So exciting! :D
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • DS is still in his crib, but just wanted to say congrats on the new house!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"