July 2012 Moms

When to stop?

Question for breastfeeding mommas. I'm a ftm like a lot of you and EBF. I've been reading a lot about peoples opinions on when to stop BFing. I want to nurse her at least 12 months. A lot of people frown upon BFing longer then that. What do you guys think about it? I honestly feel like now a days breasts are sexialized to much. With that said anything older then 2 in my opinion is to long.

Re: When to stop?

• Why does it matter what other people think? Do what you want to do. Also breasts being "sexialized" should have nothing to do with your decision. Between this post and your one about not wanting vaccinate make me side eye you a bit.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nurse until you and LO want to stop. You'll feel it or just know. If you go after 1 year, it's typically only 1 to 2 times a day or for comfort.
    I did DS1 until 15 months, but I feel it might be sooner with DS2, I'm not loving it as much, but he also doesn't take a bottle well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Cwm11985

"side eye me" bahaha!! Seriously what people think doesn't effect me in the least. My post was strictly curious based. Like I said I plan on breastfeeding till 12 months. Also if you read what I wrote about breast being sexialized it says " I honestly think people sexialize breasts to much" meaning I don't understand that logic at all.
  • Jfresh

I understood your comment that wasn't directed towards you : but for your question my cut off isnt set in stone I just feel 2 is pushing it but that's for me and my child maybe not for everyone.
  • I know there is a bigger difference in stopping nursing in the earlier months but I never thought it mattered much after a year. Is there a big difference between stopping at a year say verses
    15 months? I never thought so but I am not an expert.

I pump and I seriously doubt I will make it to a year maybe with frozen milk but not fresh but if I was nursing I would probably stop somewhere between a year and a year and a half. Do what feels right to you as long as you are not nursing your 8 year old on the cover of Time someday. [Haha which obviously won't be the case with you since don't plan to nurse past 2]

Edit Just to clarify I don't have a problem that women nurse their kids as long as they want and i am not trying to start a debate. I would never personally nurse beyond 2. I just feel bad for the kid that the whole world saw the picture. Poor kid will never live that down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll nurse for as long as it feels right for me and Elissa. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sexualize. Sorry, I'm a spelling cop. Carry on.

Okay, opinion while I'm here. I think BF'ing is becoming more common than it was in the past generation, and thus more acceptable....as far as the breast aspect of it. I think length of time is a matter of personal choice, as everyone else said. I'll probably have to stop at 6 months when I go back to work bc I can barely pump one bottle as it is when I'm home.
    imageimageimage
    married 8.9.08
    jackson thomas. 8.9.12

• I plan on doing it for atleast 12 months. I have gotten into a routine of pumping at work so I don't hate it like I used to. I've never had any issues with BFing, no high or low supply, no mastitis, no clogged ducts, etc. If I have any issues, I may be more apt to stop sooner.

Baby BOY is due May 23, 2014!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• My goal is a year. If we make it to a year and we're doing good then I'll continue it. If anything, I'll continue to pump as long as I can and still be able to give her breast milk. My mom BF me until I was about a year and a half. Then I bit her one day and she said that was it, she was done. haha. If my LO starts biting then I'll go straight to just pumping for her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"