Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Alimentum Formula

Pedi just put my LO on it along with prevacid.  Any experiences? 

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:

Re: Alimentum Formula

• Options
    DS was on this for 6 months. The consistency is a little weird, different from regular formula. Hopefully you notice some changes for the better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    made huge difference for our little one but very expensive.  we use ready to feed version and order it online  babiesrus has cheapest price but i usually order on amazon because i can get free 2 day shipping and no sales tax.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrsrobyno:
    made huge difference for our little one but very expensive.  we use ready to feed version and order it online  babiesrus has cheapest price but i usually order on amazon because i can get free 2 day shipping and no sales tax.

Is there a reason you used the ready-to-feed version over the powder?  Is the ready-to-feed version easier on their stomach?

• Options
    All my kids have been on it. I have a combined total of about 27 months of Alimentum experience. You get used to the smell. I like that it's ready to feed (can't get powder in Canada). I like that it takes the guesswork out (i.e. no allergies).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    We use it and have not had any issues. It's about the same price everywhere around here, i.e. 28 dollars. Sign up on the Similac website so you can get the coupon checks. Also, ask your pedi for samples. There is a 2 dollar off coupon in them that you can combine with the checks.
  • Options
    We used it back in 2005/2006 with DS1.  It worked wonders for him.  Give it about a week to 10 days to really start working.  As PPs mentioned it stinks and it's expensive, but IMO opinion totally worth it for a happy baby. Good luck.  Hope it works for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Last night was our first night on it...did not go well.  He spit almost all of it up...literally soaked burp rag after burp rag and had to change his clothes umpteen times. It was one of the worst nights we have had.  He has now been up since 3 am and has not slept a wink.  Is this normal?

• Options
    DS2 seems to have a dairy allergy or dairy + soy allergy (green poo with blood).  I cut both from my diet and he seemed to be doing better.  Then I was having some issues BFing and I started supplementing with Alimentum and his poo turned green and mucousy again the same day.  :(  I'm afraid we might have to go with Neocate which costs even more if you can believe it.  Sorry you had a bad night.  DS2 didn't seem to care about the formula and we had no issues except the poo.

• Options
    We used it for one day before I just gave up and switched back to breastmilk. He was fine with it all day and then around 6pm, vomited up the entire day's worth of it. It also smelled absolutely terrible and stained a few of his onesies pretty badly. If it doesn't work out, call the 1-800 number on the side of the can and ask them for a refund. That's what I did and they sent me a $30 check to reimburse me! :) I just told them that it made him throw up even more and they were really helpful. Oh, and I didn't have to send the can back...so, if you use it for a few days and notice it's not helping and want to switch, it won't matter if you used half the can or the whole can!
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"