2nd Trimester
Options

bottle brands??

Hey bumpies, I'm working on my registries (mostly just for fun) but was wondering what is the "best" brand of bottle?? I have no experience and no family near by so I'd love some already moms opinions :)

Re: bottle brands??

• Options
    I have done a lot of reading and I settled on Tommee Tippee and I registered for this newborn starter set. Hopefully baby agrees!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We like Avent. There are less parts and they clean easily. Sometimes they leak, but we had leakage problems from numerous brands.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're going glass. Despite the price, couldn't resist the reviews on LifeFactory.
  • Options
    I'm a FTM but the oldest of 6 and have been around babies constantly. I've heard a lot about Playtex and the drop-ins, especially if the baby is collic. But as a PP said, register for a couple. Baby will dictate after all!
  • Options
    Tommee Tippee were great for DS.  I would just buy a bottle or 2 from 2 or so brands?  We only had TT and lucked out, but my SIL had to try tons of brands before finding one that worked for her DS.  That was before TT was out there.
  • Options
    Avent or Tommee Tippee.  They are great bottles and don't have tons or parts you have to take apart and clean each piece

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I tried several with DS and ultimately he liked the cheap evenflo bottles the best.  I even bought a $10 bottle that mimiced bf'ing and he didn't like that one better.  I liked that I could use the evenflo bottles with my Ameda pump.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone so much. I had put Tommee Tippee on my registry because that's what I was most familiar with, but i've recently been getting A LOT of coupons for Avent. Guess it's ok to get both and see what works best!
  • Options
    My first born was so colicky.  We tried every bottle including the bottles with plastic bags.  The only bottle we could use was the Dr. Brown bottles.  They will be my bottle of choice for the new baby.  They are a little bit of a pain to clean but well worth it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We absolutely loved the Born Free bottles. Easy to clean and take care of, and they seemed to help out with the extra gas with my DD.
  • Options
    DD did great with the glass evenflo. I am planning to use them again this time.
  • Options
    We used the Playtex drop-ins, which I really liked because I could literally pump into them via my Medela pump (and a special adapter). That made it easy when I was working full-time and pumping there. We went through a couple other bottles first (Doc Browns, etc), but tried Playtex drop-ins based on a lactation consultant's recommendation for a specific Playtex nipple. 
  • Options

imagepitch77:
    We used the Playtex drop-ins, which I really liked because I could literally pump into them via my Medela pump (and a special adapter). That made it easy when I was working full-time and pumping there. We went through a couple other bottles first (Doc Browns, etc), but tried Playtex drop-ins based on a lactation consultant's recommendation for a specific Playtex nipple. 

Ditto.

We've been using liner Playtex since my oldest (who came into the world before the drop-in liners really took off... used the old style pull-on liners for her). Not just great for colic, but eliminates almost all cleaning time. I'm have germ anxiety and the Playtex disposable lines have been my sanity saver. We use the pump adapters, as well, so we pump & store in liners. They don't make as many nipple varieties anymore (they long ago discontinued the old school flat-tops, and I think they recently discontinued the ortho line), but their standard nipples come in slow/fast/cereal flows and in both silicone and latex. 

image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    We tried Playtex drop ins and Ventaire, Born Free and finally Avent...Avent were the best, hands down.
  • Options
    Dr. Brown, I won't go to any other brand DD had no issues with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"