Food Allergy
Options

Testing a younger sibling

DS is PN/TN allergic.  We obviously don't have any nuts in our house.  DS is bound to get some nutty things in his treat bag tomorrow and I was thinking about offering a PB cup to DD.  She has never been tested or shown any indications of any allergies like DS did as an infant with his super sensitive skin.  We have benedryl and epis if anything happens.  Is this crazy to try? 

Here is my plan...early Saturday morning I am going to rub some of it on her arm, if she is okay by lunch I will give it to her to eat.  Is this nuts (pun intended)?

My goal isn't to be able to feed her PB on the regular, just to know that she's okay.

Re: Testing a younger sibling

• Options
    i think its ok, i would only give her a bite, and then maybe in a few weeks give her another bite, and so forth to see her threshold for it. If she can eat a snack size snickers I think shes ok. allergies can also just be in digestion, i would make sure her stomach isnt upset, cause then theirs a possibility of an allergy. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mine are twins, but Will was Dx'ed with a peanut allergy at 15m and I was told to hold off till 3 before letting Alex try peanuts. I thought about doing the same thing--in-home food challenge with Benadryl and epi-pens on hand--but ended up holding off. It turned out Will tested negative for peanuts just a year later, at 2.5, and passed his food challenge so then we did go ahead and give PB to Alex too.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"