C-sections
Options

3rd CS, Tubal Ligation.

For any of you who have had 2+ C-Sections, can you answer a few questions for me?

I asked my OB but as I'm sure you all know they give very by-the-book answers so I like getting actual experiences you all.

Firstly, I know that because of scar tissue, each surgery takes longer than the previous, but how much longer? And does having your children close together (17-18 months apart, 1 year for another) mean less scarring with less time passed?

Secondly, I plan on having my tubes tied, I was told it'd only take an additional five minutes on top of the surgery's time, is that accurate in your experience?

My reason for asking this is mostly because I get severe anxiety on the operating table. Especially with the planned CS, walking into the OR, and laying down on the table and feeling yourself go numb and all just makes me so scared. Also, the blood presure drop makes me feel awful and I was just hoping to figure how long my surgery might take due to the extra scarring and the tubal ligation.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3rd CS, Tubal Ligation.

• Options

I've had 4 c-sections and had a tubal with my last one.

No, it hasn't taken longer with each section. In fact, my 4th c-section was my SHORTEST. It was 50 minutes from the time that they started the cutting. And I had the tubal.

Yes, the tubal is less than 10 minutes.

GL to you! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"