Breastfeeding
Options

Anyone use Domperidone?

I got a script from my doctor and am having to get it filled at a specialty pharmacy.  Anyone use it? Did it help?  Have any side effects?

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:

Re: Anyone use Domperidone?

• Options
    Lurker here. Domperidone is the only reason we were able to breastfeed (well, I EP'd). It helped me so much. I had unexplained low supply, and I went from pumping 2oz a day to 20oz a day and I had a whole freezer full of milk. I bought mind from inhousepharmacy.biz, and it was pretty inexpensive. The only possible side effect was I was a little gassier than usual, but I was also eating like a wild animal the whole time I was BFing so that might have been it as well, haha. Seriously, dom is a miracle drug. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am currently using it and it's amazing. Before using it I would only get 4 oz total. While pumping at work now I get 12 oz total pumping at work (3 times) I don't have any side affects 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a lurker but I have a low supply... Sometimes I pump and only get 20mls total over 30 min. : I am thinking about trying domperidone as well.

Was a script needed for that website? Maybe I'm paranoid but I'm afraid they will send something that's not acctually the drug. Also what name brand did you use? I see that there are a few different options.

Currently I am only pumping and then supplementing with formula since my little girl is not efficient at the breast. That combined with how little I make just makes the two of us frustrated! I am hopeful hearing that this drug has worked for others!!
  • Options
    I got a prescription from my doctor, but had to have it filled at a specialty pharmacy. The regular pharmacy didn't cover it. It was pretty expensive - about $110-115, I think. 
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    Domperidone saved my bfing relationship. I wouldnt still be bfing without it. Ive been using it for 3 months now. No side effects except that I eat non stop.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

Hi.  I have been using it for about 2 weeks and have seen an increase of about 20% when I pump at work.  While breastfeeding it is hard to say, but my LO seems satisfied instead of crying that he's still hungry.

I bought it from the same website.  It was way cheaper than if I had filled it here in the US from a compounding pharmacy. It takes about 10 days to get it. I purchased Motilium and I take 3 pills 3x per day.

No side effects and I'm NOT hungry like others have mentioned.

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"