Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Rice Cereal 101....

I'm going to start my 5 1/2 month old on rice cereal soon.... any tips or suggestions? What brand is best? 
BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rice Cereal 101....

• Options

We started with oatmeal, not rice, but have the Gerber brand, and will probably try rice soon.

When you start make sure the LO is not starving, it makes it easier on you and on him/her. We jsut started a few days ago, since DS always seemed to be hungary and really started showing an interest in our food. He gets a little bit of oatmeal (banana flavored) and we tried banana baby food yesterday.

Just make sure you have your camera ready for all the funy faces LO will make.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Thanks for the tip! =)

Is it common to start with oatmeal first? He uses Good Start formula, so I'm def sticking with Gerber.  

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also skipping rice cereal because of the whole arsenic story--how arsenic is essentially in every rice product.  I will start with oatmeal, and then barley.  I use Earth's Best.  I also don't get the flavored stuff because I don't want him to start having a sweet tooth. 
  • Options
    Where do you buy the Earths Best in Canada? I cant seem to find it anywhere.
  • Options
    You can get Earths Best at Safeway if I remember correctly, or maybe it was Superstore (definitely one of the two)?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I refuse to use any Gerber products.  Their baby food is watered down and has fillers and sometimes added sugar.  No thanks.

I will only buy Earth's best cereal. Their baby cereal is made with whole grains, unlike Gerber which uses enriched single grains.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Our pedi suggested oatmeal or barley instead of rice, because rice can cause constipation apparently.
  • Options
    imagejessicah628:
    Our pedi suggested oatmeal or barley instead of rice, because rice can cause constipation apparently.
      Yes.  It is binding, like bananas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"