Parenting after a Loss

Babywearing in winter?

How do you gals do it? Coats are a problem for both of us... I could put mine on after I've got her on, but it won't wrap around. And I'm not sure how to keep her warm, either. The only wintry clothes she has are buntings, and that's just silly. Do you just keep them in warm outfits and hats?

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Babywearing in winter?

• My hoodie zips around her in the Moby. I usually wear her inside stores, so its not usually an issue. I just put her in long sleeves and pants. The Moby is black and both me and DD are hot natured. We both usually end up sweating before the end of our trek anyway.

What carrier are you using?

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • We don't have harsh winters here, but I use a Jolly Jumper cover. Works both for baby wearing and in strollers and carseats.

ETA Link: https://www.jollyjumper.com/show/84

I really like this cover and plan to get one for a second child (D can keep using his sitting in the stroller while I wear Baby #2).  It is wind/rain resistant on the outside, fleece lined, has little slits you can stick your hands in while wearing LO (to fix a foot or keep your hands warm) and the strap that goes around your neck in the photos can also go around a stroller seat back or a carseat to keep them cozy on the move.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrs.ike:
    My hoodie zips around her in the Moby. I usually wear her inside stores, so its not usually an issue. I just put her in long sleeves and pants. The Moby is black and both me and DD are hot natured. We both usually end up sweating before the end of our trek anyway. What carrier are you using?

I have a Baby K'Tan, and we also have a Boba 3G. The K'Tan I could probably get a hoodie around, but it gets quite cold here.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I've done babywearing and am was outside in the cold, I just put him in his normal outfit and then put a size bigger fleecey jumper over it and then wrapped him.. we are both heat boxes, so we both stayed toasty warm.. even a little sweaty! And, it was the low 40's and we were outside at night.. I also just bought a zip up hoodie 2 sizes bigger and I wore him another time and just zipped that around the two of us.  As for back carries.. that's trickier.. I just make sure he's dressed warm and I put a hat on to block out the breeze.. but we try not to be out long if it's too cold.
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"