Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Pimp your favorites please - baby #3 surprise and no gear

I am expecting baby #3 (surprise!) and we gave away ALL of our baby items.  The only thing I have left is my Pump in Style and a stroller - literally.  I just bought a crib from Craig's list and need to get up to speed on the "best favorites" of the latest items:  

carseats for infants?  

onsies?

Changing tables?

Carriers (we had a Bjorn but I am short so it wasn't the best)

playmat?

Bouncer? 

Bottles?  - gosh these changed a lot since 5 years ago!  

What else can you not live without?? 

Thanks! 

Re: Pimp your favorites please - baby #3 surprise and no gear

• Options
    A few things I have found helpful with my 3 week old,

Swaddle me's. we got only a couple before I had my son and we found them so helpful the first week we were home to keep my son swaddled at night. He's a wiggler.

Also. I saw a lot of people on here say wipe Warmers were not needed, so I didn't register for one, but recieved one anyway. Well, after a few diaper changes of screaming, I opened the wipe warmer. Why not give it a try. Well, it makes the world of difference.

Also, I had a lot of people suggest tommee tippee bottles, I bought that and several other brands, but tommee tippee was the only one my son will take.

Also my mom has a safety first play yard and we are having issues with the changing station option collapsing. I have the graco kind and It has the reversible changing station napper and its by far nicer.

Hope a few of these help!
  • Options
    DS loves his FP Kick and Play Piano Gym and FP Whale-of-a-Tub infant bathtub. 
                      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My newborn go-to's:

K'Tan wrap/infant carrier (way easier than a Moby)
    Snap n Go stroller frame
    Swaddle Me swaddlers and/or sleep sacks. 
    Aiden & Anais gauze swaddle blankets for swaddling
    Jeep stroller hooks (aka mom hooks)
    Snugabunny vibrating bouncer
    Similac iPhone app (free) for tracking last time baby had a diaper change, ate, napped, etc...
    Sophie the Giraffe teether toy

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This is us totally.  We moved to a different country and didn't bring anything baby with us.  Surprise 2 months after we moved I found out I was pregnant.

Nursery Furniture- Restoration Hardware

Car Seat- Britax Chaperone. 

Stroller- Baby Jogger City Mini and select

I am EBF with her getting a bottle about once a week, maybe twice a week.  She gets playtex drop ins with silicone nipples.  I didn't nurse either of my older two.

I love Carter's clothing.  A brand I didn't find until this baby. 

Aiden & Anais swaddle blankets.  I have several packs that we use for everything from a nursing cover, car seat cover, swaddling and spit up blankets.

Carrier hands down has to be the Ergo.  I used a Boba organic carrier with Leah until I found out I was pregnant.  Leah was four when we found out.  I am excited to try and use it with Eryn when she is a little older.

• Options

I'm a FTM, so I don't have other stuff to compare it to, but here's what's working for our 2 month old:

- Britax Chaperone. No complaints. It's convenient with the Britax stroller as a travel system.

- Baby Gap onesies have been awesome. Soft and durable. Carter's brand has been hit and miss.

- We have a changing pad on top of an Ikea Hemnes dresser. Good for storage.

- Baby Einstein playmat is a big hit at this age. The one with the whale.

- We don't have a bouncer, but I highly recommend Fisher Price Rock N Play. Babies love this thing.

- Dr. Brown bottles. Supposedly better for gas, but I haven't tried anything else.

I would also suggest Aden + Anais blankets for swaddling and Halo sleep sacks. It can be overwhelming, hope that helps! 

• Options

Carseats- We love our Peg Perego but it's pretty heavy.

Onsies- Carter's, Osh Kosh

Carriers- Infantino

Playmat- We have the skip hop tree top and LOVE it but it's pricey- there are way cheaper ones out there

Bouncer- Carter's brand (vibrates, plays music)

Bottles- Dr. Brown's works for us but there are a lot of parts to clean

Extra's- We can't live without LO's swing. I got it for $55 at Once Upon A Child and our exersaucer gets pretty good use as well 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageshootingstars00:

My main favorites that I used a TON:

rock n play

a + a boutique swaddles

ARCS

boppy

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Boppy pillow! That gets daily use. 

• Options

Definitely can't live without the Aiden & Anais blankets. They are so versatile. A must in our household 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A&A blankets - I got the 4 pack from Target and LOVE them. 

Bibs from Carter's - they have some that don't soak through when they get wet.

Dr. Brown's bottles - lifesaver for gassy babies

Snugabunny swing - plugs into the wall, so you don't have to use batteries

Pacifier clips - many a paci would have been lost without them

Carter's onesies - still use these, hold up great

• Options

carseats for infants?  We loved our orbit baby infant carrier

onsies? H&M organic, and giggle brand basics were both thick and durable. Carters and Gerber were so thin.

Changing tables? We have a bloom alma papa dresser with the bloom changing pad attached. I'd definitely recommend the dresser/changing table combo.

Carriers (we had a Bjorn but I am short so it wasn't the best): Ergo or boba

playmat? We had one by skip hop and one by tiny love. Both were entertaining.

Bouncer?  Mamaroo

Bottles?  - gosh these changed a lot since 5 years ago!  

What else can you not live without?? My medela freestyle and our bloom mini crib. Dd was pretty easy going, just needed milk and slept very well. We loved the Aden and anais swaddlers (muslin), our orbit baby stroller and the 4Moms clean water tub. For toys, the Lamaze toys were a great hit from 0-6 months. I also loved the Aden and anais burpy bibs, they are awesome!!

• Options

carseats for infants?  Britax Chaperone 

onsies? I love all Baby Gap clothing. Soft, cute and well made. 

Changing tables? Love our PBKs dresser, with changing table attachment for the top.

Carriers? Ergo!

playmat? Skip Hop Treetop Activity Gym - cute and fun!

Bouncer?  FP My Little Snugabunny

Bottles?  - Playtex Ventaire

What else can you not live without?? Diaper Genie! Swaddle Me blankets. Aden and Anais swaddling blankets. Britax B-Ready Stroller AND Bob Revolution storller (I like both for different reasons!). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
  • Options
    imageKappaGirlATL:

carseats for infants?  Graco Snugride 35, Chicco Keyfit 30

onsies? Carter's

Changing tables? double dresser with a changing pad on top

Carriers (we had a Bjorn but I am short so it wasn't the best): Ergo, Becco, Boba

playmat? Tiny Love

Bouncer? Fisher Price

Bottles?  - gosh these changed a lot since 5 years ago!  depends on what baby will take. I have used Born Free and Medela without issues.

What else can you not live without?? Aden & Anais muslin blankets, Summer Infant Swaddle Me's, NUK paci's, Fisher Price Soothe & Glow seahorse, my Medela Pump in Style, and a cd player with a white noise/vacuum cleaner cd

Thanks! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKappaGirlATL:

carseats for infants?  Chicco Key Fit 30

onsies? Old Navy - They run bigger, and are softer and thicker than gerber or carters onesies.

Changing tables? I got a basic one from Ikea

Carriers (we had a Bjorn but I am short so it wasn't the best) - I have a Moby and a Snuggli, but I wish I had an Ergo.  So skip the others and go for the Ergo!

Bottles?  - Tommee Tippee. 

What else can you not live without?? - Rock N Play - Love this!  Worth it's weight in gold!  Boppy, Swing, and Wubanub pacifier and the Snuza Go breathing monitor. I'm terrified of SIDS and this has helped me sleep at night.

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"