1st Trimester
Options

Gush of blood no pain,

I wanted to share this with people.

Friday evening i got up from the sofa and felt a rush of wetness I got to the bathroom pulled my PJ's down and saw an obscene amount of blood  bright red blood with a few small clots.  I had no pain at all as I went to sit on the toilet I had another gush of blood and a large clot(sorry for details). That was it it all stopped I got myself in the shower and went to the hospital.  They were really unhelpful and left me in the waiting room until 6.00 in the morning.  All the time we were thinking that we had lost our pregnancy that had taken us 4 years to achieve. They took my blood pressure and heart rate and that was it they sent me home.  They booked me an appointment for the following Tuesday for  scan as i was now considered to be a threatened miscarriage.  After a long weekend of trolling the internet for similar cases and guessing an outcome we had convinced ourselves of the worst.  Today we went in for the scan,  when I walked in I explained what had happened (the hospital information was wrong) and said I think I have miscarried.  The nurse told me to wait and see, I was waiting for them to tell me what I already knew.  The nurse said and there it is all ok.  I couldn't believe my eyes there was our little pip of hope.  Heart beating away oblivious of what had been happening.  They could find no reason for the bleed but told me it was really common even in  large amounts.

I just wanted people to have something positive to read if they find themselves in this situation and to never give up hope.  I had no spotting previously or since. 

Re: Gush of blood no pain,

• Options
    Wow, I'm so glad everything came out okay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    so happy to hear everything turned out ok!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So glad everything is ok! This happened to me too last Saturday and I was expecting to see no HB on Tuesday at my u/s (bc I had cramping too) but there was the little peanut, HB and all! It still makes me worry though especially bc I have very little symptoms. A H&H 9 months to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I'm really happy it all turned out well in the end! Very scary for sure!

Hopefully there won't be anymore scares in your pregnancy!

image"Image">imageAnniversaryimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That happened to me with our first.  Around 5 1/2 weeks I had a massive bleed during the night.  There were palm sized clots.  I cried and cried and finally woke DH around 5:30 and told him we'd miscarried.  We cried together.  I called our RE and he said not to give up hope yet.  We went in at 8 and low and behold there was the little heart beating away.  He said I had sloughed off an entire layer of the uterine lining.  Our DD is in my siggy :-)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Wow, what an amazing story thanks for sharing Smile
  • Options
    Same type of bleeding happened to me and it was a subchorionic hematoma, though mine was still very visible and our L&D dept gave me an u/s  while there.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Same thing to me last week! Went in convinced that i wouldn't see a heartbeat, there is was at 178!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"