Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Party Guests

How many people did you/will you invite to your child's first birthday party? I've made a list and narrowed it down as much as possible, but I still plan to send out 30 invites which means about 50+ people total (includes kids 1 and older so I know how much cake to have). We have a large family and almost all of them live in here, and we have several good friends in the area who now have kids too. Is this an outrageous amount of people or is it normal?

We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And HOPE does not dissappoint.
Romans 5:3-5

~Matt and Jen~
Married August 26, 2006
TTC since June 2008
Severe MFI
IVF #1 Feb. 2011 = BFN
IVF #2 (Long Lupron) May 2011 = BFP!!!
Our sweet little girl, born January 26, 2012

Time for #2!

IVF #1 (Long Lupron) July 2013 = BFP!!!

Beta #1 (8/1) 203! Beta #2 (8/8) 3,677! 1st u/s scheduled for 8/15!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Party Guests

• Options
    Our guest list is about 60 people - way more than I want to have, but I feel like if I leave anyone off for her first birthday their feelings will be hurt. This is mostly just family and a few very close friends who have children the same age as DD. Next year I definitely want to cut back.
  • Options
    A lot, but I know most of them won't come.  Aunts, uncles, & cousins are spread all over the country.  We're just inviting out of courtesy.

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We only have some of my immediate side of the family around so at most we will have 9 extra people here.  If we were closer to the rest of either side though, I would only invite our parents, siblings & their kids.  I'm not one for big parties though so I don't feel bad at all about not inviting every single person we are related too.  If I did that we would have close to 100 people around and that's just too much.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    We had a big party for DS and after that we realized we didn't want to do it for DD, so we are just having us, grandparents, and siblings and their families. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Owen's grandparents all live out of town, so close friends.  Probably about 20 people.  We will have a DJ (my husband) and probably some food and maybe a glass of wine while the kiddles play.

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I sent out like 20 invitations and had a little over 30 show up.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would love to have that many people invited to our girls first birthday party.  We are going to have about 50-60 people invited because that is just how big our families are with just aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents.  That is not with any friends or family friends.  
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our guest list is going to be around 50-75 people. I still have to go over it more. It's so hard because my hubby and I both have HUGE Families and a lot of close friends that we'd feel bad not inviting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wow... ours is going to be small but most of PPs standards! I think the list is currently around 20. Its close family and friends only - if you haven't met the baby more than once, you're definitely not invited! We had a very small wedding (30 including us) and its mostly the same people who are invited. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Yikes!  Personally I'd be a bit overwhelmed by that many people.  Our house can't contain that many at once nor house the presents that would come.  I'd also think it would be a bit much for DD to handle.  What are subsequent parties going to look like??  Heck we eloped to avoid the whole wedding formalities so no birthday will ever be that big.  Oh no, immediate fam only, 10ppl tops until she's old enough to ask for friends.  Cost wise, is it really worth it?  I know our budget can't handle feeding that many!  PP - that's what I'm talking about - unless you frequent our home and know our child, no invite!  From the other end, if I was invited to party where I wasn't very familiar with the child/family I'd decline bc at that point it looks more like a plea for gifts than a chance to spend quality time with those close to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"