Parenting
Options

Sleeping Advice

Lately DS has been waking up promptly at 5am.  He is doing pretty good entertaining himself at this ungodly hour (pulling open all his drawers, taking stuff out of his closet, taking his pjs off).  I decided to put a bin of toys in his closet for him to play with during this time.  Unfortunately, this seems to have backfired on me.  Now he is pulling the bin out after we put him to bed at night and playing and refusing to go to sleep.

So what should I do?  Let him play with the toys at bedtime?  Take away the bin?  Sneak the toys in after he falls asleep?  Just get up with him at 5 am and quit complaining?  Let me know.  Thanks.

Re: Sleeping Advice

• Options
    My kid was up at 3 this morning. I'm thinking 5am isn't all that bad of a wake up time.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I would take the toys away at night and sneak them back in there after he is asleep, Or you could leave a few books out on the floor. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We let A play with his toys at night, although after the novelty ran out, he just goes straight to bed and plays with them in the morning. I'm happy because it gets me an extra hour of sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Don't forget to factor in that daylight savings is this coming weekend.  His bed/awake time will be an hour earlier than normal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"