Pregnant after 35

Latest OB appointment. Who else has one this week?

I had my first appointment with my OB since getting KU. She was awesome, as per usual. She managed to find the baby with the external U/S-- always more comfortable than the transvag-- and we got to hear the heartbeat! 158 bpm: go, Nugget, go! Now I'm going to have to wait 4 more weeks. But having heard the heartbeat should tide me over, I hope.

And, I also got the go-ahead to stop my progesterone supps cold turkey in another 10 days or so. I'm THRILLED-- they are so disgusting.

So everything is looking good. This little nugget is kicking my arse with the morning sickness, gassiness, congestion, acne, headaches, etc. but at least s/he is doing his/her job and growing like a champ so this is all worth it!

Anyone else have an appointment this week?

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: Latest OB appointment. Who else has one this week?

• Great appointment!  That is early to use the external u/s, glad it worked for you.  I remember I was so glad to stop the progesterone too.  Are you doing the nt scan? 

My appt. is Thursday.  Its just with the nurse this time.  I'm guessing just piac and hear the h/b.  Since I use my doppler everyday I'm not concerned :)

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I was surprised, too, that the external ultrasound worked! It didn't last week. I don't think I'm doing the NT scan. It costs $900 and isn't terribly accurate at that stage of development and I'm not planning on aborting if the child has Downs Syndrome. Instead, I'm going to do the MaterniT21 test, which will only cost me $235 because the lab has been trying to get insurance companies to understand there is a need for it so the lab is willing to eat the $1800 if it's not paid by the insurance. How cool is that?!? And then later, I'll do the screening for spina bifida because that is something that can be worked on in utero often... My next appointment is in 4 weeks and I'll piac and the doc will listen to the h/b. Did you buy your own doppler machine? That's commitment! LOL
    *********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• Loading the player...
  • imagedanieleandwayne:
    I was surprised, too, that the external ultrasound worked! It didn't last week. I don't think I'm doing the NT scan. It costs $900 and isn't terribly accurate at that stage of development and I'm not planning on aborting if the child has Downs Syndrome. Instead, I'm going to do the MaterniT21 test, which will only cost me $235 because the lab has been trying to get insurance companies to understand there is a need for it so the lab is willing to eat the $1800 if it's not paid by the insurance. How cool is that?!? And then later, I'll do the screening for spina bifida because that is something that can be worked on in utero often... My next appointment is in 4 weeks and I'll piac and the doc will listen to the h/b. Did you buy your own doppler machine? That's commitment! LOL

Wow that is expensive for the nt so I see why you opted out.  Mine was covered so I did that instead of pay for maternit21 but you will get a more accurate result and find out the gender early if you want :)  Oh and my doppler was $55 so not too bad on fetaldoppler.net.  I really love it and it gives me such peace of mind between appts.  After 3 losses with no symptoms and just finding out by u/s, my anxiety was off the charts. 

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Great OB visit Danieleandwayne!!!!  How awesome/wonderful/exciting it must feel to hear your LO heartbeat.   

I am early in the game at only 5 weeks, but had a viability ultrasound this morning.  The sonographer said everything looked great so far and the gestational sac is measuring right where it should.  I have another ultrasound scheduled for 11/9 and she said we most definitely should see the fetal pole by then.  I will patiently and anxiously wait until then.....

So at what point will I do/be offered genetic testing, blood work, etc?  

Me, 41; DH 38; TTC since July 2012, 1st round of Clomid, BFP on 10/19, what an incredible blessing!  M/c on 7w3d; D&C on 11/30; 4th round of Clomid 100mg = BFP on 04/19!!! M/c #2 at 7w; D&C on 5/30, then repeat D&C on 7/1.  Saline u/s on 8/2, uterus looks great!  Will start TTC in 09/13 w/ Clomid 100mg. Surprise natural BFP on 8/25!!! Beta #1=95, #2=182, #3=404!  EDD 5/4/13...Grow baby grow!

• I was still having tran-vag u/s at 9 weeks, I'm surprised they were able to do yours abdominally.  Hooray for nugget, sounds like things are going well.

I don't have an appointment until next Wednesday with my MFM for my CVS.  My last appt was at 9 weeks, so I've been keeping my anxiety in check with my doppler (same one as ShellBear, Sonoline B from fetaldopper.net).  Always nice to be able to check up on the LO's whenever I want.

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Glad  your appointment went well!

We have our first ultrasound Thursday.  I'm excited and nervous, really hope that things are going well and hope to hear a heartbeat!

~~~TTC #1 since Dec 2011, BFP 5/3 CP 5/6~~~
    ~~~BFP 10/9/12, EDD 6/17/13~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehydrangeagirl:

Great OB visit Danieleandwayne!!!!  How awesome/wonderful/exciting it must feel to hear your LO heartbeat.   

I am early in the game at only 5 weeks, but had a viability ultrasound this morning.  The sonographer said everything looked great so far and the gestational sac is measuring right where it should.  I have another ultrasound scheduled for 11/9 and she said we most definitely should see the fetal pole by then.  I will patiently and anxiously wait until then.....

So at what point will I do/be offered genetic testing, blood work, etc?  

Most of the earliest genetic testing bloodwork and ultrasounds are between 10 and 14 weeks (give or take a few days). So they'll probably mention it to you around week 7 or 8 so you have time to schedule them. The MaterniT21 bloodwork, however, can be drawn and run anytime after week 10 (up to about week 37). I'm not planning to do the NT scan or CVS or amnio, but I know the NT scan and the CVS are soon after the sequential blood tests and u/s...

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Yay! Sounds like everything is progressing nicely for you.

I have my A/S that was moved up to this Thurs (info in my thread about mistaken blood test). Pretty nervous about it.

• So excited for you!  I'm betting on a girl for you. :) 

I had my Anatomy Scan last week with the high risk OB and everything looked great.  I go to the regular OB on Friday and take my glucose test...yuck.  So afraid I'm going to have GD again this time.  Not looking forward to that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm glad you got to see your baby.

I had my 35 week appointment yesterday.  Baby's heartbeat was good and there's plenty of movement but the pressure, oh god, the pressure.  It's getting hard for me to walk!  I'm starting to get anxious about baby's arrival in just a few short weeks.  Even though I already have three kids, you're just never really ready for a newborn.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Congrats on the latest. And hopefully the time until the next appointment will fly by in a good way.

I'm down to weeklies, so hopefully tomorrow's appointment will show a little more progress. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm going in Wed for my 14 week looky loo.  I'm hoping we get a great between the legs shot to maybe get an idea of what my little chickadea is going to be (my dreams are saying boy.)

I can definitely vouch for the ease of mind from the doppler! My sister gave me hers and when I'm cramping or worrying or just in general freaking myself out, it has saved me weeks of insanity. 

I had an NT scan done but they didn't draw any blood.  Yet he said we had a less than 1% chance of chromosonal abnormality based on my scan.  It wasn't until I got home and started really researching that there should have been some blood work involved for more accurancy.  Do you think the scan alone is enough??  I'm a planner and need to know what's really going on and what to plan for. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"