Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Taking a 2.5 yo trick or treating?

I'm trying to decide if I wan to take my daughter out trick or treating. I was thinking maybe just a few houses. Have others done this with LO's about 2.5yo?  Worth ithe experience or too much trouble?  She's not really asking to go, just thought it might be fun. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Taking a 2.5 yo trick or treating?

• Options
    I took my oldest out to a few houses last year and the year before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS is 2.5 and is so excited to trick or treat. He went last year too. We live on a cul de sac and know all of our neighbors so we just went to 7 houses. We just had a (tree) trunk or treat at the park yesterday with a group of 1-2 year olds and they all did great. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My daughter is nearly 3 and can't wait for trick or treating. She is so excited. We went last year when she wasn't yet 2, and she loved it. We just went to a few houses on our street, and when we said it was time to go home she wasn't happy about it. I think a 2.5 year old would do great. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we went last year when she wasn't even 2; she had a blast! this year, it's all she's talked about the past month. i'm SO excited for tomorrow. :)
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We aren't going out tomorrow, but this weekend we went to a community trick or treat trail - basically walking a hiking trail and area business pass out candy. The girls both got dressed up and carried their little pumpkin buckets, it was too cute :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We'll be going for a little bit - this is our first year. DS is really shy, and it's going to be cold. Plus we live in the city, so I doubt there will be a lot of houses to go to, anyway. Point being, we're going to go, but it likely won't be for long. Our chamber of commerce did some TOTing this weekend at the retail stores so we went to that and DS seemed to enjoy it.
  • Options

This will also be our 3rd year going.

His first year he was a newborn and I took him to one house.

Last year he did about 5 houses.

We'll see what the weather is like but I'm sure he'll like getting treats and seeing lots of people so we'll probably do 10 houses or so.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We will go to a few houses, mainly just the people on our street that we know. Then we go to the in-laws and they like to take her and show her off to the neighbors. DD is way more into it this year (and she can eat the candy whereas last year she still had a dairy allergy) so she is very excited! 
    imageimage
  • Options

DD2 is around that age, and she would be crushed if she couldn't go! 

We took her to Boo at the Zoo last weekend, and she and DD1 have been playing "trick or treat" around the house practicing. I think it's absolutely worth the experience!   

We took DD2 out last year, too. We walked up and down our block to neighbors' houses, and she was totally into it and lasted longer than I thought she would. I kept asking if she wanted to go home, and she kept saying "no" until she was utterly exhausted. She loved it even with as little as she was, and I know she's going to have a blast this year. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    We've taken DS out every halloween since he was 6 months (we just visited a few friends that year). The last two years we went downtown to trick or treat and had a great time. I love halloween. It's always been on of my favorite holidays. I think DS pick up on that enthusiasm and gets excited, too. He had a great time last year when he was 2.5.
  • Options
    Yes, we are going trick or treating.  I took DD last year at 1.5 and she loved it.  The older neighbor kids asked her to walk with them so she had someone to show her the ropes and she had it down pat by the end of the night.  She didn't eat any of her candy and probably won't this year either (she hates anything sweet) so she goes more for the hanging out with other kids and the excitement of the holiday. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took my 2.5 year old to this farm where they had all these doors that were sponsored by companies and it was a little pathway where the kids knocked on the doors and they opened up the doors and gave candy.  My little one got so excited that she kept saying "Next door, more houses," it was so cute!
  • Options
    He's been going for the last 3 years. Last year, he wasn't that into it. This year he's all excited about it. We are planning to go with friends of ours. We also did an inside TT event at a local mall, which he really liked.

• Options

We went last year and he had a great time.  Dh and I had a great time "checking" his candy too. Wink 

We'll probably let him eat a little candy and then send it off to work with dh. 

• Options
    Charlotte loved going this year. She also loves candy. :) She may have learned that from her older sister.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Last year DD had just turned 2 and totally LOVED trick or treating.. we went to a few neighbors and then I wanted to call it quits but she kept pointing at other houses saying "Happy Halloween!?!" She could have cared less about candy, but loved visiting everyone.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We'll do a few houses tomorrow and if she's into it we'll keep going.  She is very excited at the idea and has been hopping around the house yelling "trick or treat" for the last 2 days.  She didn't go her first year and last year she went to my mom's and my mom's neighbor.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I took DS last year (just shy of 2 years old) and he did great.  We just went to a few neighborhood houses then headed to visit grandparents.  He was only scared of one house that had some decorations but once the lady came out he was okay.  We plan on taking him again this year.

• Options
    it is totally fun! mine were 2 yrs 3 months last yr & we took the wagon & went out, went to like 6 houses on our street I would say, they loved getting the candy & also loved seeing all the other kids walking around in their costumes. Definitely take her!
  • Options

Definitely! We took my son last year at 1.5 and he loved it. He went to a good 20 houses before we had to go and the only reason we went home was because my DD was fussy.

This year I'm sure we'll be out for a long time because he hasn't shut up about it for about a month now. LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've taken both kids since they could walk. DD was a little over a year last year and she quickly understood that if she held her bag out, someone would put something inside it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We are going this year and we went last year.  It was a blast!  We started with neighbors he knew.  It was also a way to get him to practice saying please and thank you.

I say go for it.  Even if it is just a few houses, it will be fun!

• Options
    We are going for a little bit :) 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    Yes, we will be taking DD to a few houses on our street. We also did it last year, and the year before for that matter. I think this will be a fun age for it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"