April 2012 Moms
Options

PinkPeony

How are you doing in NY? I am don't remember what part you live in but hope all is well and you are safe.

How is Kate doing with foods? We finally found something that Lillian has been doing well with - pears! I am just buying the Earths Best jars and not making the food anymore. I mix some oatmeal in with the pears. So I am not sure what I will try next but she will get pears all this week.

Edit - Oh, and check out my bling :)

Lillian April 17, 2012

Re: PinkPeony

• Options

I am jealous of your new bling! I'll never get to gold if this place doesn't pick up a bit!

Thanks for checking up on me! I'm in Western New York and we didn't get it half as bad as they predicted. All of the area schools are closed today (we really could've had school), so Kate and I are at home, while Ella is off at daycare for a fall party. 

Kate's doing pretty good with food ::knock on wood:: She really likes the orange veggies (my guess is because they're sweeter), and fruit. I tried peas with her again, and it was an absolute nightmare. They gave her a ton of gas, and she cried from discomfort; I was up for two hours in the MOTN trying to get her to sleep. Needless to say, I won't be giving them to her anytime soon. I'm a bit nervous to try carrots again too, because she developed diarrhea and a horrible rash the same 3-4 days I gave them to her...not sure if the actual carrots caused the diarrhea, but I'm too scared to find out. 

My pedi wants us to start table food around 8 months. I don't even want to think about that yet. We started Ella on table food pretty early, but Kate just seems so much littler than Ella did at this age.  

I'm really glad that you are finally having some success with solids! Didn't you try peas with her a couple weeks ago? How did she do with them? What kind of oatmeal are you giving her? I tried Gerber and Beechnut, with no success. 

• Options

Glad you guys are ok in your area!  

I actually didn't give her the peas because I did some reading and since they are in the bean family (as is soy), I figured since she had an intolerance to soy I didn't want to risk it. I don't know if that was stretching it, but I wasn't risking!

She threw up after eating squash and had a red bottom that whole same week - diarrhea 5 times the day after. So I am not interested in trying that again anytime soon, so I don't blame you on the carrots. We have our pedi appointment on Friday so I will see what she says.

I tried to give her some banana puffs and another puff and she acted like it tasted like a lemon! Her face and body jerking from it was crazy, like she got the chills or something.

I think I am going to try sweet potatoes again. Last time she had bad gas but it was over a month ago so I will take the risk.

I have also noticed dry spots on her belly and legs. I wondered if it was related to the food. I am bringing that up on Friday too. Ugh, so frustrating!

We are using Earths Best oatmeal. I just mix a teaspoon with water and put it in with the pears.

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"