1st Trimester
Options

? for those who got a very faint positive

In August, I had all faint positives (except the digital just said positive) and then 6 days later I started to bleed and found out we had a chemical pregnancy.  Our doctor gave us the go-ahead to start trying right away and we got another very faint positive on a Dollar Tree test this morning.  I'm nervous to get my hopes up!

So, if you got a faint positive, how long until it got darker?  I'm at 10 DPO, but my luteal phase last month was only 10 days so AF may be due tomorrow.

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? for those who got a very faint positive

• Options
    I had a very faint positive and went to the dr. who confirmed my pregnancy negative. The very next month I took another pregnancy test with a distinct positive and I was confirmed 10 weeks preggo..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I got a very faint positive on a Monday (at 11DPO), and it stayed faint for a couple days but by Thursday was much darker - the results line on the FRER actually started to show up before the control line! AF would have been due that Friday.

I'm not sure how a shorter LP would affect this. Good luck to you! 

ETA: Even the line that showed up almost immediately wasn't nearly as dark as the control line. Don't stress about this too much - if you keep seeing a line, it's positive, no matter how dark it is! 

FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My line never really got any darker and I kept testing until 18 DPO. Some just don't, it's very much dependent on the test batch and the amount of ink and all kinds of other things that have nothing to do with your HCG levels.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

I had a very very faint line that was barely visible at 12dpo. The next morning 13dpo I tried again with FMU, and it was negative until about 1-2 min in, and a very very faint line appeared. It wasn't until the next day at 14dpo that I had a clearer line, but it was still not dark. I took a test to be sure 2 days after that at 16 DPO, and I finally had a clear, somewhat medium darkness line.  I think probably have a 11-12 day luteal phase.

Hope that helps some!

BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby's ultrasound at 10w5d
  • Options

Mine got darker every day. 

Here's a picture I took of the progression by DPO. These are FRERs: 

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=55552

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options

Mine got marginally darker each day but it wasn't something that was super noticeable.

I would just wait a couple days and test again.  Either way there isn't much you can do about it. KWIM? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I had a very faint positive at 9 DPO, tested the next day at 10 DPO and it was still faint, darker, but faint. I waited to use a digital until 12 DPO and got a positive. At that point I stopped testing until a week later (so 19 DPO) and took another test (not digi) just for fun and got two super dark pink lines.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

I had 2 weeks of negatives before it my symptoms finally matched the test, I was like Homebird, mine got darker every day.

Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When I tested at 12 dpo it was faint not super faint but faint, I wanted to wait a couple of days to make sure. And the next time I did it, it turned positive once it hit the urine.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Options
    I got a faint positive the evening of 9 dpo on Wandfo.  It was so faint that I thought I was seeing things at first, and had to call in my husband to make sure.  As it dried, it got a little more definite.  The next morning I got a faint but certain positive with First Response and another Wandfo.  I took several more over the next few days and they didn't seem to be getting much darker, which worried me.  I waited until 17 dpo and got a really nice, heavy, bright, thick pink line with both FR and Wandfo.
  • Options
  • Options

imagejerseygirl81:
    My line never really got any darker and I kept testing until 18 DPO. Some just don't, it's very much dependent on the test batch and the amount of ink and all kinds of other things that have nothing to do with your HCG levels.

I was the same way. The lines never got darker. I broke down and bought a digital. We wanted to tell our parents, but we were uncomfortable saying anything with such faint lines. I highly suggest the digital tests for confirmation. :) Good luck!!!!

Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"