Baby Showers

So I guess...

Sitting on the floor during a shower has become some bastion of coolness and being laid-back.  I keep seeing it in threads thrown up like it's the cool thing to do.

Us uppity sitting in chair types need to re-evaluate our sitting habits apparently.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So I guess...

• imageCranang:

I keep seeing it in threads thrown up like it's the cool thing to do.

This is what I don't get.  Yes, it happens. Heck, I think back to my wedding shower 10 years ago and people sat on the floor at that.  I'm not going to be offended and walk out of a shower where people have to sit on the floor.  It does happen.

It was brought up here, though, by someone who was questioning if it was o.k. or not and what should they do.  If the question is being asked, people are going to answer on what they feel should be done.  And if you can plan appropriately, then make sure everyone has a seat.  What is so hard to figure out about this?

The fact that it's now being turned into something brag about it like, as you said, it's the "cool thing to do" - quite silly and immature.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Wasn't this already gone over and then gone over again in a separate thread?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I was commenting how it's now starting to show up in other threads like it's become this funny, cool thing.  It's different.

And as PP said, every topic on TB has been covered numerous times.  Might as well shut the site down if that's your take on it.  Check out 1st trimester..."OMG, I don't have any symptoms" or "should we get the NT scan" shows up 30 times a week over there.  Guess you better go tell 'em that it's been covered.

• Oh! My apologies! You are so right! This topic repeat is ok because you are looking for advice and informative information. You are not trolling to start a useless debate at all. Please continue with your informative discussion about chairs and etiquette. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

• imagekimmarie1105:
    Oh! My apologies! You are so right! This topic repeat is ok because you are looking for advice and informative information. You are not trolling to start a useless debate at all. Please continue with your informative discussion about chairs and etiquette. 
    Oh good grief.  Can you really not read?  She isn't looking to contiue the topic of etiquette- she's busting on the fact that people are now bragging that they didn't have enough chairs like it's the cool thing to do.

Different aspect of the topic. 
    ~Benjamin Franklin

• imagekimmarie1105:
    Oh! Mynbsp;apologies! You are so right! This topic repeat is ok because you are looking for advice and informative information. You are not trolling to start a useless debate at all. Please continue with your informative discussion about chairs and etiquette.nbsp;

Yeah, reading comprehension fail.

I think if it happens where people choose to sit on the floor then that is the way it goes. However, to not have seating available if someone needs it [what about older guests or people that have to sit after a while?] is rude and tacky.

The whole point of hosting any event is to make your guests as comfortable as possible. If they have to squat on the floor to eat or watch you open gifts then that has the potential to make someone uncomfortable. It's a party, FFS, not a sing along or camping trip. Have enough seating!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageEastCoastBride:
    imagekimmarie1105:
    Oh! My apologies! You are so right! This topic repeat is ok because you are looking for advice and informative information. You are not trolling to start a useless debate at all. Please continue with your informative discussion about chairs and etiquette. 
    Oh good grief.  Can you really not read?  She isn't looking to contiue the topic of etiquette- she's busting on the fact that people are now bragging that they didn't have enough chairs like it's the cool thing to do.

Different aspect of the topic. 

Thank God someone around here has reading comprehension skills!

Kimmarie, you can't "troll" on a board you're a regular on.  Perhaps you should look up the definition of "troll" when it comes to forum etiquette.  I do not qualify.  Thanks for trying though.  Like ECB said, I'm now talking about how people are throwing it up in other threads.  Not about the (poor) etiquette of expecting people to sit on the floor or stand due to lack of seating.

Keep trying...you'll get it eventually.

• My post wasn't really about the chairs, it was about how flucking ridiculous some of these questions and the people in the posts are getting. The chairs was just a good, recent example.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Uh oh, I guess I better get my t-shirt printed - I sat on the floor at a baby shower a few weeks ago. Until now, I didn't realize this made me join the Bad Girls of Baby Showers club. Count on me to be unintentionally cool...

Hah. Glad I didn't know that until now. Generally I believe doing things simply because they are cool is beyond silly and vain. From now on it's chairs for me, just to be sure no one thinks I am trying... :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Edited - duplicate post somehow?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekimmarie1105:
    Oh! My apologies! You are so right! This topic repeat is ok because you are looking for advice and informative information. You are not trolling to start a useless debate at all. Please continue with your informative discussion about chairs and etiquette

God you are annoying. Aren't you the one who tried calling me a biitch awhile back? Gee, you sure are proving how nice you are.
  • imageCranang:

Sitting on the floor during a shower has become some bastion of coolness and being laid-back.  I keep seeing it in threads thrown up like it's the cool thing to do.

Us uppity sitting in chair types need to re-evaluate our sitting habits apparently.

This statement is what gives me the crazy idea that this thread is one created looking for trouble. I simply stated that someone else already created a thread for the great chair debate. I know how to read the english word and the undertone behind them. Therefore I stand by my post asking " Wasn't this already gone over?" For the record I think everyone should have a chair and be fed at any gathering. Not just a shower. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

• imagekimmarie1105:
    imageCranang:

This statement is what gives me the crazy idea that this thread is one created looking for trouble. I simply stated that someone else already created a thread for the great chair debate. I know how to read the english word and the undertone behind them. Therefore I stand by my post asking " Wasn't this already gone over?" For the record I think everyone should have a chair and be fed at any gathering. Not just a shower. 

LOL at "looking for trouble."  Look you're a newbie, and you have no idea what you're talking about.  The ladies on here know me. 

And I stand by my original position that your reading comprehension skills are lacking.  That last sentence was a jab at the whole thing, but no at all the point of the post.  You missed it.

• imageMrsNorry:
    imagekimmarie1105:
    Oh! My apologies! You are so right! This topic repeat is ok because you are looking for advice and informative information. You are not trolling to start a useless debate at all. Please continue with your informative discussion about chairs and etiquette
    God you are annoying. Aren't you the one who tried calling me a biitch awhile back? Gee, you sure are proving how nice you are.

MrsNorry, I didn't try calling you a ***. I did call you a *** because you are. Sorry! You seem to show up everywhere there is controversy on every board whether you belong there or not. Your responses to people are passive aggressive and down right rude. You can think Im annoying as much as you want the feeling is mutual. You can respond to this if you'd like but Im tuning you out like I have done since day one. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

• imageCranang:
    imagekimmarie1105:
    imageCranang:

LOL at "looking for trouble."  Look you're a newbie, and you have no idea what you're talking about.  The ladies on here know me. 

And I stand by my original position that your reading comprehension skills are lacking.  That last sentence was a jab at the whole thing, but no at all the point of the post.  You missed it.

Perhaps I did miss your point, although I don't think so. I'm a "newbie"? Get over it! What is this, mean girls? "Oh, everyone knows me so I can say what I want and no one else can have an opinion on it."  Hahaha! Whatever. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

• imageMandJS:
    imagekimmarie1105:

Perhaps I did miss your point, although I don't think so. I'm a "newbie"? Get over it! What is this, mean girls? "Oh, everyone knows me so I can say what I want and no one else can have an opinion on it."  Hahaha! Whatever. 

Yes, you're a newbie. It says so under your avatar over there <----.

Sometimes it's mean girls. Sometimes it's not. But like ANY OTHER GATHERING of people anywhere, IRL or online, if you're a "regular", then yes, people "know" you, know what you mean when you say things, etc. You are not a regular here. No one here knows you. And all you're doing is pissing off a bunch of the people who ARE regulars, which is not really the best way to win friends and influence people to agree with your opinion. So while you are welcome to have an opinion and express it, just don't expect many to back you up. 

Thanks. I don't need a back up. This is The Bump, not West Side Story.  I'm good.  

IAmPregnant Ticker

• imagekimmarie1105:

MrsNorry, I didn't try calling you a ***. I did call you a *** because you are. Sorry! You seem to show up everywhere there is controversy on every board whether you belong there or not. Your responses to people are passive aggressive and down right rude. You can think Im annoying as much as you want the feeling is mutual. You can respond to this if you'd like but Im tuning you out like I have done since day one. 

Lol @ "whether you belong there or not". I stand by my opinion that you are ridiculous. And I find it hilarious that every time you try to argue with people, you get shot down by everyone in the thread. Fail on your part,

• imageMandJS:
    imagekimmarie1105:
    imageMandJS:
    imagekimmarie1105:

Yes, you're a newbie. It says so under your avatar over there <----.

Sometimes it's mean girls. Sometimes it's not. But like ANY OTHER GATHERING of people anywhere, IRL or online, if you're a "regular", then yes, people "know" you, know what you mean when you say things, etc. You are not a regular here. No one here knows you. And all you're doing is pissing off a bunch of the people who ARE regulars, which is not really the best way to win friends and influence people to agree with your opinion. So while you are welcome to have an opinion and express it, just don't expect many to back you up. 

Thanks. I don't need a back up. This is The Bump, not West Side Story.  I'm good.  

Yes

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekimmarie1105:
    Perhaps I did miss your point, although I don't think so.
    How many people have questioned your comprehension of this post? Quite a few. You did miss the point. Keep saying you didn't, but you did.
    ~Benjamin Franklin

• imageMandJS:
    imagekimmarie1105:
    imageMandJS:
    imagekimmarie1105:

Perhaps I did miss your point, although I&nbsp;don't&nbsp;think so.&nbsp;I'm&nbsp;a "newbie"? Get over it!&nbsp;What&nbsp;is this, mean girls? "Oh, everyone knows me so I can say what I want and no one else can have an opinion on it." &nbsp;Hahaha! Whatever.&nbsp;

Yes, you're a newbie. It says so under your avatar over there &lt;----.

Sometimes it's mean girls. Sometimes it's not. But like ANY OTHER GATHERING of people anywhere, IRL or online, if you're a "regular", then yes, people "know" you, know what you mean when you say things, etc. You are not a regular here. No one here knows you. And all you're doing is pissing off a bunch of the people who ARE regulars, which is not really the best way to win friends and influence people to agree with your opinion. So while you are welcome to have an opinion and express it, just don't expect many to back you up.&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Thanks. I don't need a back up. This is The Bump, not West Side Story. &nbsp;I'm&nbsp;good. &nbsp;

image&nbsp;

So, would we be the Sharks or the Jets? I really love the idea of a musical rumble on BSB.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• I've never been cool, but that's okay.  I'll just drag my chair off to the side so I don't take up any prime space for the floor dwellers.
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"